Niche Zero flat burr set conversion from sworksdesigns - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Giampiero

#21: Post by Giampiero »

I think flat burr paired with the low motor/gear RPM, will not drastically increase mechanical stress, anyway the Niche bearing are well visible in one of a Niche tear down video on youtube.
Adding a thought, maybe the low RPM will eventually take part in an increased retention, and or in another effect related with the different burrs feeding speed.

gravy

#22: Post by gravy »

I have a Niche and flat burr envy and I'm interested in this. I blame Lance Hedrick. I drink almost exclusively espresso only through, so perhaps my envy is misplaced. That said I didn't like the results of my pour over experiments and if I am to believe Lance, the Niche may be to blame for that. Seems more likely I'm just not a fan of this coffee style though.

Jonk

#23: Post by Jonk »

Especially the 54mm "ditting" steel burrs and 58mm SSP brew burrs should make a big difference for pour over. You can try and slow feed your stock Niche with a few beans at a time to get an idea of what kind of grind those burrs produce and if you like it more. It'll be somewhat in the same direction anyway.

JamesB517
Supporter

#24: Post by JamesB517 »

That is fascinating! Thank you for sharing.

thirdcrackfourthwave

#25: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave »

gravy wrote:I have a Niche and flat burr envy and I'm interested in this. I blame Lance Hedrick. I drink almost exclusively espresso only through, so perhaps my envy is misplaced. That said I didn't like the results of my pour over experiments and if I am to believe Lance, the Niche may be to blame for that. Seems more likely I'm just not a fan of this coffee style though.
Lance is spot on with his observations about Niche and pour overs.