Niche Zero dosing cup

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
MCal2003

#1: Post by MCal2003 »

Are the Niche Zero grinders now being shipped with the smooth interior wall dosing cup? Image on their website is of the cup with the groove in the interior. Smooth wall "2nd gen" cup listed under "Accessories". Hope the image is just dated.

Placed an order for a black unit several days ago. Black and white were both available for May shipping. As of just a few moments ago there are still Black USA models available for May shipping. White USA units are now scheduled for June shipping.
LMWDP #151

bonjing

#2: Post by bonjing »

Both my original and additional cups are smooth without ridges. Ordered them over 1(?)year ago.

Splunge
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by Splunge »

Mine from last September or so. Double wall, smooth inside.
Chris

Christobol
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Christobol »

Mine looks the same, smooth interior, and ridge on the outside, and I received my NZ 4-6 weeks ago roughly.

dndrich

#5: Post by dndrich »

MCal2003 wrote:Are the Niche Zero grinders now being shipped with the smooth interior wall dosing cup? Image on their website is of the cup with the groove in the interior. Smooth wall "2nd gen" cup listed under "Accessories". Hope the image is just dated.

Placed an order for a black unit several days ago. Black and white were both available for May shipping. As of just a few moments ago there are still Black USA models available for May shipping. White USA units are now scheduled for June shipping.
I bought mine 4 months ago and it came with the new cup, smooth inside.

MCal2003 (original poster)

#6: Post by MCal2003 (original poster) »

Thanks for the info.
LMWDP #151

gobucks

#7: Post by gobucks »

Received mine in Feb 2022, smooth wall. It is a very nice dosing cup, with a good heft. One thing I've noticed is that there is a decent amount of static cling right after grinding for espresso. I used to have trouble completely emptying the cup, but since then I've started waiting ~30s after grinding to dump it out, the extra time seems to help the static dissipate so that the grounds come out cleaner.

GregoryJ

#8: Post by GregoryJ »

Splunge wrote:Mine from last September or so. Double wall, smooth inside.
What do you mean by double wall?

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by mgwolf »

Received mine in Feb 2022, smooth wall. It is a very nice dosing cup, with a good heft. One thing I've noticed is that there is a decent amount of static cling right after grinding for espresso. I used to have trouble completely emptying the cup, but since then I've started waiting ~30s after grinding to dump it out, the extra time seems to help the static dissipate so that the grounds come out cleaner.
If you WDT briefly into the cup, it cuts down a lot on static.

scrane

#10: Post by scrane »

gobucks wrote:Received mine in Feb 2022, smooth wall. It is a very nice dosing cup, with a good heft. One thing I've noticed is that there is a decent amount of static cling right after grinding for espresso. I used to have trouble completely emptying the cup, but since then I've started waiting ~30s after grinding to dump it out, the extra time seems to help the static dissipate so that the grounds come out cleaner.
The new Niche cup is a work of art. I also find that letting it sit for half a minute clears the static cling.