Niche Zero catch cup

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Nate42

Postby Nate42 » Apr 07, 2019, 10:20 am

As the owner of a monolith flat, I have finally stopped suffering from grinder upgrade-itis. One thing that did catch my eye in the Niche Zero review though was the grind catch cup, which is apparently designed to mate with a 58mm basket in cocktail shaker fashion. That sounds like a handy accessory for any number of grinders. Any chance its available separately, or does anyone know of something similar made by someone else?

greggers89

Postby greggers89 » Apr 07, 2019, 12:27 pm

I know I've seen one from another company, but am having a really hard time finding it right now!

DaveC

Postby DaveC » Apr 07, 2019, 1:14 pm

why not e-mail them and ask....you never know?

greggers89

Postby greggers89 » Apr 07, 2019, 1:25 pm

HB
Admin

Postby HB » Apr 07, 2019, 5:31 pm

Nate42 wrote:...does anyone know of something similar made by someone else?

I haven't tried either, but LWW has two cups, the blind tumbler and blind shaker. Full disclosure: LWW is one of our HB sponsors.

Here's their 11 second demo:

Dan Kehn

Nate42

Postby Nate42 » Apr 09, 2019, 1:23 pm

Thanks for the input all. The LWW stuff is a little fancier (and pricier) than I had in mind, and I don't think it would fit easily with the portafilter forks on my monolith. The Acai thing looks promising, although it is presently back ordered. Anybody have one? In the mean time, I have sent an email to the Niche folks, will report back on what they have to say.

mgwolf

Postby mgwolf » Apr 09, 2019, 6:44 pm

ImageI have an LWW blind tumbler which I use daily to grind into on my MonoFlat. It works very well and then fits on top of the 58 mm basket.

Nate42

Postby Nate42 » Apr 10, 2019, 6:15 pm

So word from the Niche folks is that they are considering it but cup is not available seperately just yet.

mgwolf: that looks better than I expected, for some reason it didn't occur to me to lower the forks and put the cup on top. I was thinking more along the lines of needing something with a lip.

Beanz

Postby Beanz » Apr 10, 2019, 7:04 pm

Nate42 wrote:... does anyone know of something similar made by someone else?

Tiamo make one but not sure of a source in the US.
https://shop.padrecoffee.com.au/collect ... dosing-cup
https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/tiamo-st ... dosing-cup

cebseb

Postby cebseb » Apr 11, 2019, 1:22 am

Nate42 wrote:Thanks for the input all. The LWW stuff is a little fancier (and pricier) than I had in mind, and I don't think it would fit easily with the portafilter forks on my monolith. The Acai thing looks promising, although it is presently back ordered. Anybody have one? In the mean time, I have sent an email to the Niche folks, will report back on what they have to say.

It works very well.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Full stop. No half measures. Thankful to be in such a supportive community.