Announced: Niche Duo 83mm flat burr grinder - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
espressoren

#11: Post by espressoren »

joalepins wrote:April fool's :roll:
Wow that's a pretty dedicated April fool's, they charged my card and everything! :-)

joalepins

#12: Post by joalepins replying to espressoren »

Really ? Man that's an exciting news then!

Didn't see that one coming.

espressoren

#13: Post by espressoren »

Not a cheap impulse buy, but I like my Niche Zero enough workflow wise that I want to try it out. It will cost me but I can decide which one to keep and sell the other, whenever it arrives (we will see if they hold to July).

Or maybe it is a very elaborate April Fools joke and they wont complete the CC capture. That would be kind of messed up though!

AuFinger

#14: Post by AuFinger »

StoicDude wrote:One set for brewing, one for espresso according to the website.

As for waste of money, that's debatable. People on this forum have multiple grinders and machines that are $3k plus.

"Waste of money" would be a bit strong to throw around on this forum. :D
My point was allow the buyer to decide if they want to pay for a second burr as an add on. Everyone else picks the variant they want. I only brew espresso and would never open the other burrs. I don't know what the cost of an 83mm burr, but let's say 10-20% of the cost for nothing. On top of $70 shipping. On top of VAT that we shouldn't have to pay.... I think you get the point.

Iceman2913

#15: Post by Iceman2913 »

That price tag is nasty but makes sense for two burrs.

Hmm I am thinking it could be real or a setup for an actual flat burr grinder down the road.

Coffee expo is later this month

EvanOz85

#16: Post by EvanOz85 »

cuongdinh wrote:These 2 posts are next to each other, likely similar.

Clearly not an April Fools Joke. Where's the joke?

Very interested in what the two burr-sets are. Looks like they've included a burr removal tool for easy swapping, and the upper burrs each have their own carriers which should help with alignment.

Iceman2913

#17: Post by Iceman2913 »

Easy to assume it's a joke due to the date and well double burrs.

Any news announcement around March 31st - april 1st requires some doubt

AuFinger

#18: Post by AuFinger »

I think a lot of people will look at this vs other flats, but I'm curious to compare it to the Zero. The specs say retention is the same, but I want to see how retention and exchange is with the larger burr carrier and larger, flat burrs. And what alignment is going to be like. And how big of a sweet spot it will have for dialing in. Plus everything flavor-wise with the burrs and if it will benefit my espresso, if at all vs the Zero. I look forward to hearing from all y'all this summer. :D

I'm on the side of conicals, but this seems it should be pretty exciting for people who want to run large flat burrs.

LewBK

#19: Post by LewBK »

How are the burrs swapped seems a primary question? Is it easy or not? How easy? Can you only use special Niche burrs or any 83mm burr? If only Niche burrs, how good are those burrs?

Iceman2913

#20: Post by Iceman2913 »

Kyle posted a manual link on his Instagram story.

Reading it, it doesn't seem hard at all, one main screw.