New (to me) gravimetric grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
zix

#1: Post by zix »

Anyone heard of this before or even tried it out?
The first sub 1000€ gravimetric grinder I have seen.
LMWDP #047

baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

Do you mean the RF64W, a.k.a. ZF64W - Automatic weighing grinder with zero retention and 64mm burrs

If so, then I believe that it is from the same company that makes the DF64. Looks good on YouTube ...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

zix (original poster)

#3: Post by zix (original poster) »

Terribly sorry... I forgot the link. Friday night mistakes... here: https://wb.coffee/product/pro-barista- ... o-grinder/
" Pro Barista G-Risto Titanium on demand Espresso grinder" (whew!) they call it.
... but yes, you are right! It looks the same.

Edit: and after looking more at your linked thread, it is definitely the same. It figures, with all those different names it should be a Chinese (or, which I would have preferred, a Spanish one... maybe Eureka comes out with something similar, like a Mignon with gravimetric add-on...)
LMWDP #047

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing »

The "Caffe Martella Singapore" YouTube channel has some videos using the grinder:

http://www.youtube.com/c/CaffeMartellaSingapore
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

graphidz

#5: Post by graphidz »

Not the first one for sure if you only mean "grinder with a scale under 1k". The Baratza Sette 270wi was released some time ago. But if you meant with that kind of burr, then probably is the first.

zix (original poster)

#6: Post by zix (original poster) »

I just meant it was the first sub 1000 I had seen. Obviously not quite up to par, or with my finger on the latest products...

The Sette gravimetrics solution was much neater as well. Thanks for the heads up.
LMWDP #047

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Nunas »

I have one, as do one or two others on H-B. We've posted reviews of a sort. This recent thread (which is running off topic) Are two grinders necessary? has links on page 2. I also have a Sette 270Wi, which as noted is gravimetric. The ZF64 (and its aliases) will still be going when the Sette is dead and buried...built like a cement mixer. The ZF64 is much quieter and is flat burrs. Its steps are a bit coarse for espresso, but that's what I use it for anyway.