New Timemore hand grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ira
Team HB

#1: Post by ira »

Timemore had a new hand grinder on display. I think it is new, I certainly don't remember seeing it before. I have no comment on the quality of the grinder, how it's built, what the burrs are or anything else except this grinder has the nicest folding handle of any hand grinder I've ever touched. In the first picture it's extended and it feels solid, the only hint of something is that line about 1/2" from the shaft and the small lettering that says "Pull to fold." And sure enough. a gentle tug and it folds down looking like the second picture. Then you lift it up and snap, it goes back to solid. It's one of those things that feels so nice, I could play with it for hours and annoy my wife so much.

Frenchman

#2: Post by Frenchman »

Hopefully that lettering is on a sticker one can remove.
LMWDP #712

bgnome

#3: Post by bgnome »

I think the Chestnut X had a similar folding handle.

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by ira (original poster) »

Frenchman wrote:Hopefully that lettering is on a sticker one can remove.
Not the one I handled, it was etched in.

Jonk

#5: Post by Jonk »

That handle was first introduced with Timemore Nano more than 4 years ago. I would recommend that model instead of the pictured Timemore C3 Pro. The Nano has metal instead of plastic internals and is sold at a similar price point. There's at least one user here who reported longevity issues with the plastic spokes.

randytsuch

#6: Post by randytsuch »

Looks like they added the foldable handle to the C2
https://www.amazon.com/TIMEMORE-Chestnu ... B0BL37JWFC

I have a C2 that I use as my travel grinder, and I think its a good grinder for the price.

Mike0

#7: Post by Mike0 »

Do you know where these pictures were taken?

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#8: Post by ira (original poster) »

If you're talking about the pictures in the first post, they were taken at the Timemore booth at the SCA conference in Portland.

Jonk

#9: Post by Jonk »

randytsuch wrote:Looks like they added the foldable handle to the C2
https://www.amazon.com/TIMEMORE-Chestnu ... B0BL37JWFC

I have a C2 that I use as my travel grinder, and I think its a good grinder for the price.
Nice, it seems like almost all the current models have the foldable handle now. I think the C2 burr is quite decent at the price point, but it's only slighly more or in some cases less for other grinders with better build quality, depending on where in the world..

Frenchman

#10: Post by Frenchman »

ira wrote:Not the one I handled, it was etched in.
Ugh. You need to know that once, but it'll be in your face forever... Not for me I guess.
LMWDP #712