New Timemore Sculptor Grinders 064 064s 078 078s - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
velum

#21: Post by velum »

Hi JSPhang!
I am curious how it compares to your other grinders in terms of flavor profile.

babola

#22: Post by babola »

driftcafe wrote:Odd design, reminds me of a sewing machine or a stand mixer.
Wait until you see the new oncoming Mazzer single dose low retention grinder, now in the last pre-prod testing stage.
You might be disappointed if you're not into "sewing machine" shapes.

Advertisement
driftcafe

#23: Post by driftcafe replying to babola »

The ZM? Yeesh. Not my cup of Joe.

drH

#24: Post by drH »

babola wrote:Wait until you see the new oncoming Mazzer single dose low retention grinder, now in the last pre-prod testing stage.
You might be disappointed if you're not into "sewing machine" shapes.

May be worth a new thread. Have you seen the Mazzer? Any idea when it will be available?

Yan

#25: Post by Yan »

+1 still waiting for the comparison update :)

babola

#26: Post by babola »

drH wrote: May be worth a new thread. Have you seen the Mazzer? Any idea when it will be available?
We will all have to wait a little, I was originally told it'll be announced end of Nov on one of the end of the year coffee shows in Asia, then was told Jan 2023 or little later.

The feedback from early testers was mixed so likely some last minute mods or design changes.

What I can say is the one I saw and briefly tried was like a mini-ZM, miniature dimensions, vertical flat burrs, all stainless steel and aluminium construction, silver, home use-only will be its target market. Unless things change.

imcoffee2cu

#27: Post by imcoffee2cu »

following this as I am considering this for a pourover grinder myself. but initially looking for one that can do both espresso and pourover, if at all possible.

Advertisement
Taz

#28: Post by Taz »

I'm very intrigued with this burr geometry. It looks like it has some potential...

Jonk

#29: Post by Jonk »

Seems like 078S will be the most affordable option for really big burrs capable of espresso:

My guess is that those 78mm burrs provide more surface area than the 83mm options for a DF83. Low-ish RPM and supposedly no need for RDT - sign me up :D

Also, if 064 accept SSP burrs it seems like a good option for someone wanting to grind both for filter and espresso.

I just hope the clicks are small enough or that a stepless mod is easy.

jfjj
Supporter ♡

#30: Post by jfjj replying to Jonk »

I'm curious as well, but when i dug into the specs I was sus that the motor could handle espresso well. I think they have two different 64MM version for this reason. The 78MM I think could do both.
- Jean