New Timemore Electric Grinder - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Acavia

#11: Post by Acavia »

jsphang wrote:Received my Timore Sculptor 078 grinder last month. Very solid and well build grinder. It really grinds very consistent and less fines. Here are some examples of coarse grind from Sculptor 078, EK43s and Lagom P64 (SSP High Uniformity burr).
What settings on the Timore Sculptor? How much finer can it go?

Yan

#12: Post by Yan »

jsphang wrote:Here are some examples of coarse grind from Sculptor 078, EK43s and Lagom P64 (SSP)
Any plan comparing those 3 grinder in the future? :)

User avatar
kolu

#13: Post by kolu »

looking at the picture of the grinds, that seems amazing (albeit really coarse). are you able to produce grinds of around 200-300 um? this could be great for all the pour-over methods where fines migration cause clogging of the filter papers.

jsphang

#14: Post by jsphang »

Acavia wrote:What settings on the Timore Sculptor? How much finer can it go?
That setting was 10. This grinder cannot grind for espresso. The finest setting is between espresso and moka pot. But it can make pressurised espresso.

jsphang

#15: Post by jsphang »

Here are some ground in different settings. This grinder is not designed for espresso. I tried the finest setting, my espresso reached 30g in 6 seconds. But it can be used for pressurised espresso maker. The finest setting "0", is between espresso and moka pot.







By the way, below is a chart created by other reviewer, he mentioned using 20g of coffee, sifted not less than 3 minutes:

malling

#16: Post by malling replying to jsphang »

Look to be a noticeable difference going from setting 5 to 10 or 10 click

The sifting I take with precautions as sifting that long will mean you get larger particles into the lower ones as some particles are smaller um on one side then the other so can go through the holes and those count into a different fragment

GeorgeP922

#17: Post by GeorgeP922 »

I wonder why Timemore is holding back on a release of this stateside?

I am in the market for dedicated filter grinder with the little I know, this seems like a good candidate.
I tend to grind coarser, make 50 gram batches of dark and med roasts.
So far my finalists are Ode Gen2 w/SSP, Femobook, and Bunn GVH shop grinder.
(I need to start a thread for this)

User avatar
bringyoutomyhell

#18: Post by bringyoutomyhell »

For Europe it doesn't have the CE certification yet

malling

#19: Post by malling »

GeorgeP922 wrote:I wonder why Timemore is holding back on a release of this stateside?

I am in the market for dedicated filter grinder with the little I know, this seems like a good candidate.
I tend to grind coarser, make 50 gram batches of dark and med roasts.
So far my finalists are Ode Gen2 w/SSP, Femobook, and Bunn GVH shop grinder.
(I need to start a thread for this)
Femobook would probably not be great choice for filter, burrs taking into consideration, this or the Ode with either v2 burrs or Cast would probably be better but neither of those do espresso

In regards to CE that is bummer because that has shown before to take time sometimes manufactures even give up entirely.

Marcelnl
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by Marcelnl replying to malling »

CE is a self certification, and best to start the paperwork before designing not afterwards...
LMWDP #483