Option-O Lagom 01 Discussion

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
EvanOz85

#1: Post by EvanOz85 »

This was teased today on Option-O's Instagram. It looks massive! I'm really really hoping for a 120mm single doser!

https://www.option-o.com/hidden-shop/la ... dw7nBIjo7k

theveterans

#2: Post by theveterans »

What a behemoth for home use but definitely stands tall on its own in a cafe environment

PhilthyCoffee

#3: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

Looks like they got worse with the RPM dial. Too many people complained about not having the actual measurements instead of arbitrary numbers...so they took it all away lol.

No soup for you!

All jokes aside....man...was just kicking around the idea of a P100 and asked a couple weeks ago if anyone got wind of a V2...well this (potentially) throws a monkey wrench.

EvanOz85 (original poster)

#4: Post by EvanOz85 (original poster) »

PhilthyCoffee wrote:Looks like they got worse with the RPM dial. Too many people complained about not having the actual measurements instead of arbitrary numbers...so they took it all away lol.
I'm sure you realize this (hence the "lol") but just in case some people don't, this is obviously a mockup unit and doesn't represent a final product.

PhilthyCoffee

#5: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

Maybe they will use letters instead of numbers.

Or even better, emojis...

gobucks

#6: Post by gobucks »

Kinda surprised they are targeting the market of people who don't think the P100 is big enough, rather than a P75-83 to compete with the DF83/Timemore 078S/Niche Duo. I feel like there is a much bigger market that would like a scaled up p64 with 75mm mizen omni burrs, that is more premium than the aforementioned midrange big burr options, but cheaper than a Monolith Flat (maybe ~$2K USD?)

#7: Post by EvanOz85 (original poster) »

gobucks wrote:Kinda surprised they are targeting the market of people who don't think the P100 is big enough,
They haven't given any information as to what type/size of burrs this unit will use. I'm just speculating.

gobucks

#8: Post by gobucks »

Fair enough, but it looks HUUUGE. Can't imagine iy would slot in below the P100.

#9: Post by EvanOz85 (original poster) replying to gobucks »

Yep! The only other thing I could think of would maybe be some kind of modular interchangeable burr style/size system like the Wug2-83A.

SteveRhinehart

#10: Post by SteveRhinehart »

EvanOz85 wrote:They haven't given any information as to what type/size of burrs this unit will use. I'm just speculating.
Over on EAF Sam from O-O said that it's not a conical, so at least that much is settled.