Option-O Lagom 01 Discussion - Page 38

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Tintin

#371: Post by Tintin »

anyone have try cupping with the 102 mizen burr ? whats your grind setting ?

jlbird

#372: Post by jlbird »

Thanks for posting the instructions from Option O.
I am just a bit confused it didn't say unscrewing anything, how does that method work?

EricC
Supporter ♡

#373: Post by EricC »

Not owning the grinder, but on reading the instructions referred to, nothing is required to be unscrewed.

All adjustments are done by rotating the the grind adjustment collar with the magnetic outer collar removed.

jlbird

#374: Post by jlbird »

But then there's a limiting pin on the magnetic collar to stop the grind setting going beyond zero so that the grind setting won't change after dissembling.

demonid

#375: Post by demonid »

jlbird wrote:Thanks for posting the instructions from Option O.
I am just a bit confused it didn't say unscrewing anything, how does that method work?
I think this is not actualy a recalibration instruction. This is instruction to restore zero point.

OPTION-O
Sponsor

#376: Post by OPTION-O »

jlbird wrote:Thanks for posting the instructions from Option O.
Hello all! Just jumping in here to clarify.

The quoted instructions were not intended for calibrating the zero but for resetting to the correct range, in case you accidentally adjust the grind setting outside of the normal range while having the outer collar removed (e.g. more than one full revolution out). The grinder has a built-in limiter mechanism that restricts grind adjustments within the 0-9 range. So, if you inadvertently set it outside of this range, the instructions are meant to get you back to the correct usable range (for espresso+pour over that is).
Tintin wrote:anyone have try cupping with the 102 mizen burr ? whats your grind setting ?
I personally use setting 5.5 and that seemed to work well enough for me. :D

Cheers
Sam

BoGs
Supporter ♡

#377: Post by BoGs »

For anyone that is interested the recommended torque settings from Option O is between 3.0 - 3.5 Nm for those that do not have the blind burrs.

Tintin

#378: Post by Tintin »

thx!

enigma1406

#379: Post by enigma1406 »

Anyone with an early March 2024 delivery have their order ship yet?

joshlee

#380: Post by joshlee »

nope. still waiting. also no news on optional 98mm carrier.