Option-O Lagom 01 Discussion - Page 36

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Tintin

#351: Post by Tintin »

just got my 01, any suggestions for pour over (recipe/grind settings) and espresso ( ratio/recipe/ grind setting) thx!

Eiern

#352: Post by Eiern replying to Tintin »

https://www.option-o.com/guide-lagom-01
Suggestions for settings in the guide here, otherwise Mizen should be pretty flexible

Tintin

#353: Post by Tintin »

thx, i was curious about other users

idrinkjetfuel

#354: Post by idrinkjetfuel »

Tintin wrote:just got my 01, any suggestions for pour over (recipe/grind settings) and espresso ( ratio/recipe/ grind setting) thx!
I have the 01 grind setting at 6.1 to 6.2 with speed set at 6 for my Technivorm Moccamaster. I have not yet used it for V60 or Chemex.

idrinkjetfuel

#355: Post by idrinkjetfuel »

richard.o.shaw wrote:I believe you can use the Weber blind shaker with 01 just fine, some people on the EAF discord use it. What do you think of the Eg-1 vs 01 in terms of taste?
Is the blind shaker all aluminum? Will it lock in on the base magnet?

erik82

#356: Post by erik82 »

From the LWW website (https://weberworkshops.com/products/bli ... 9277804597) :wink: . First time I've seen them out of stock so they must be happy with Lance :mrgreen: .

Build Quality
Constructed from anodized aluminum and finished with our proprietary process to polish-smooth all interior surfaces to prevent grounds sticking.

Overview
Built for 58mm baskets, the Blind Shaker® grinds redistribution tool is perfectly engineered to help baristas reduce static, decrease channeling, and increase extraction yield on every shot. Loved by shop, competition, and home baristas alike, the Weber Workshops Blind Shaker uses a proprietary process to create a polished-smooth interior that resists grounds sticking.
Additionally, the Blind Shaker has a magnet installed in the base of the stem for self-centering on EG-1 and Key platens, as well as on the right rear shelf of the EG-1 base.

Jonk

#357: Post by Jonk »

The polarity of the magnet matters. I wonder if they changed it at some time, because I saw a video where it centers into place on a Sculptor 078, but the WW shaker I'm using is instead pushed off-center on my unit.

You might not want it centered anyway, to keep grinds from piling up on the handle.

richard.o.shaw

#358: Post by richard.o.shaw »

From images I've seen, the magnet seems to work. I'm slightly concerned about the larger gap between the chute and the cup. Would be nice if OO made a magnetized spacer platform to raise it up a bit.

BoGs
Supporter ♡

#359: Post by BoGs »

Has anyone figured out how to re-calibrate the 01? I am grinding at 0.0 (started at 0.8 on same coffee) not sure if it slipped or it has broken in. Either way need to get it finer and I cannot go any further.

another_jim
Team HB

#360: Post by another_jim »

On mine, the inner burr carrier loosened up a few times, and tightening it restored the normal settings. Even a little loosening will make the grind a good deal coarser. So before readjusting the zero, maybe lift the ring with the marker, and see if the carrier needs to be tightened.
Jim Schulman