Option-O Lagom 01 Discussion - Page 35

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
omarbaha

#341: Post by omarbaha »

BoGs wrote:How are yall doing grinds at 2.2 or 1.4 - when I got the grinder it started at 0.8 and now I am down to 0.4 with a medium roast 19.3g roast. Am I doing something wrong?
Im around 0.4 - 0.6 [.6 mainly for turbo shots]. But this is with light roasts [Say] and HE basket + paper at the bottom. Shots are around 15 secs. Delicious! do whatever works for you. If it tastes good, you gucci :D

HBchris

#342: Post by HBchris »

would you be able to do slayer style 50-60sec shots(20-30 preinfuse + 25-35sec full brew) with light roasts with this grinder?
Or it simply wouldnt be able to grind fine enough? ANd would be forced to do standard extraction style shots (or turbo)?

Eiern

#343: Post by Eiern »

BoGs wrote:How are yall doing grinds at 2.2 or 1.4 - when I got the grinder it started at 0.8 and now I am down to 0.4 with a medium roast 19.3g roast. Am I doing something wrong?
01 has that hard stop before chirp/zero, if it's a problem grinding fine enough reach out to Option-O and they can send you their video on recalibrating the zero. If you're having enough room to dial in enjoy the grinder, it's normal having to go a little finer as burrs break in.

jlbird

#344: Post by jlbird »

Did anyone experience the top burr locking ring coming loose?
Usually my pour over grinding range was 6-6.5, last week i had to grind it to 4ish and i opened it up after the brew and find out its coming loose. It never happened again since i twisted it real tight now but don't know if that would do any damages to the thread.
Also sometimes my auto purge just won't ramp up to high speed before finish, is it common?

demonid

#345: Post by demonid »

Also sometimes my auto purge just won't ramp up to high speed before finish, is it common?
Did you try to recalibrate it?

liquidmetal

#346: Post by liquidmetal »

Yes - i have had to do this once or twice. Specifically when I had to "unjam" it from trying to grind something at too low of an RPM.

omarbaha

#347: Post by omarbaha »

HBchris wrote:would you be able to do slayer style 50-60sec shots(20-30 preinfuse + 25-35sec full brew) with light roasts with this grinder?
Or it simply wouldnt be able to grind fine enough? ANd would be forced to do standard extraction style shots (or turbo)?
yes, no issues. going a bit more towards zero, itll get almost exponentially finer. If you cant choke your shot with the 01, either there is a setup issue or something malfunctioning.

Ullke

#348: Post by Ullke »

I preferred this grinder over the EG-1 due to the workflow. Now that Lance has "proven" that blind shakers are OP, has anyone been able to dose direct to a blind shaker with the Lagom 01? Anyone with a hack, something 3D-printed or has Option-O got something in the works for us?

erik82

#349: Post by erik82 »

You can have a check? I've got the multipurpose grind cup and the shaker and the shaker is only 2-3mm taller. The base diameter is the same.

richard.o.shaw

#350: Post by richard.o.shaw »

I believe you can use the Weber blind shaker with 01 just fine, some people on the EAF discord use it. What do you think of the Eg-1 vs 01 in terms of taste?