New La Marzocco Prototype grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Theodore

Postby Theodore » Jan 21, 2008, 2:08 pm

Have you any idea of this?
http://flickr.com/photos/old_time...72157600185703130/
Theodore.
Espresso uber alles.

Ken Fox

Postby Ken Fox » Jan 21, 2008, 2:36 pm

Theodore wrote:Have you any idea of this?

It will take twice as long to get it ready for sale as they predict. When they do sell it, it will cost 77.78% more than the previously announced price.

ken
What, me worry?

Alfred E. Neuman, 1955

Nick

Postby Nick » Jan 21, 2008, 4:27 pm

Ken Fox wrote:It will take twice as long to get it ready for sale as they predict. When they do sell it, it will cost 77.78% more than the previously announced price.

And no matter how good it is, Ken Fox will like something from Cimbali better. :wink:

Theodore, that's the La Marzocco S Grinder. 83mm conical burrs, dual-axle design (motor and burrs on separate axles), doserless, 0.1 second grinder switch/timer. Still under development.
Nick
wreckingballcoffee.com
nickcho.com

A2chromepeacock

Postby A2chromepeacock » Jan 21, 2008, 5:41 pm

Ken Fox wrote:It will take twice as long to get it ready for sale as they predict. When they do sell it, it will cost 77.78% more than the previously announced price.

Ha. Don't we know it. You forgot to mention that they'll likely trot it around the home-user circuit for a while just to get us good and riled up. And then forge it from unobtanium, like the GS3.
Derek
LMWDP #139

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Jan 21, 2008, 6:00 pm

OK guys, thank you.
(I can tell you, that I like it very much).
Theodore.
Espresso uber alles.

ByronA

Postby ByronA » Jan 22, 2008, 1:01 am

Yes, I've heard of unobtanium. Isn't that a compound of stainless steel and plastic that triples in price every two years?

I want to invest in stock of that product! I could be rich in no time!

CoffeeOwl

Postby CoffeeOwl » Jan 22, 2008, 7:15 am

ken

... but only in US :lol: :lol: :lol:

F!ck F#!$ke :wink: LOL
'a a ha sha sa ma!

LMWDP #199

micki

Postby micki » Jan 22, 2008, 11:30 am

Huh? Isn't it included with your GS/3 as it is over here ?

8) :lol:

Kim

ntwkgestapo

Postby ntwkgestapo » Jan 22, 2008, 11:58 am

The problem with Unobtanium is the currency to purchase is in "chicken lips". Typically by the bushel! :D
Steve C.
I'm having an out of coffee experience!
LMWDP # 164

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Jan 22, 2008, 6:16 pm

It is a lot like the Versalab grinder or the old DRM Cimbali with an offset motor that is attached to the burr set shaft via a chain or belt drive. That way motor heat is not transferred to the burr set.
Dave Stephens