New Kinu M47 Phoenix grinder - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
tehsaboteur

#41: Post by tehsaboteur »

I am on the line between getting a C40 but I don't like the idea of traveling with the glass jar/plastic lid. Saw the M47 Traveler but with 95% of my grinding being done at home I wanted some that would be easy to grind and had a good capacity. You think the phoenix would travel well enough and also provide an easy morning daily grinder for aeropress/french press/pour over?

Soharu

#42: Post by Soharu replying to tehsaboteur »

I think it would actually travel quite nicely. It's easy to take apart and clean also.

jquark

#43: Post by jquark »

Hi all! Long time lurker. Thanks for the wonderful community you have here.

I would like to get this grinder but I am still unsure of the differences between the Phoenix vs. the rest of the m47 family.

For example, the user guides for the m47 family have a "Special Features" section.
There, the original m47 and the Traveler guides both state that the have "Perfect centering due to Morse Cone Principle." and are "Hygienic, easy to clean." . The Phoenix user guide does NOT list these two features.

I had previously narrowed by search to the Kinu grinders because they are almost universally aplauded for their excellent alignment. Do you think this could now be different with the Phoenix despite having the same burr set and axle?

Thanks!

P.S. Has anyone seen/felt the Phoenix and one of its m47 siblings? If so, care to give a comparison?

autoexec

#44: Post by autoexec replying to jquark »

Having both the Traveler and Classic I doubt that Kinu will make a grinder with subpar alignment. It could be not using the Morse cone principle but I am certain it is aligned very well. I'm unsure about the listed hygienic feature though, does that just mean that it's easy to clean? I know that Phoenix is just as easy to disassemble as its siblings.

Yan

#45: Post by Yan replying to autoexec »

May I know if you had the classic why still buying the travel? Is it because more compact?

AkshayRao27

#46: Post by AkshayRao27 »

I've been saving up for the M47T for a while now but can now afford the Phoenix (my friends are going to pitch in as a PhD Completion Present).

I will be using this grinder exclusively for V60 and AeroPress. Does anyone have experience with using M47 grinders for these brew methods? Do they perform well? Or would I be better off looking for a different grinder altogether?

Soharu

#47: Post by Soharu »

I sent kinu a message asking if the M47 Phoenix is aligned the same way as the other kinus. They responded "Our whole team is trying to response soon as possible."

We will probably have a response soon. Looking at the grinder itself it seems 100% identical just with more plastic.

tehsaboteur

#48: Post by tehsaboteur »

That reply is their auto generated response. I emailed them 3 times last week and got that message first before the real response. I decided to go for it and purchase the Phoenix, will give my impressions when I get it Thursday.

Yan

#49: Post by Yan replying to tehsaboteur »

If you want interactively chat you can asking via Facebook Messenger ... I do several times...

Soharu

#50: Post by Soharu »

tehsaboteur wrote:That reply is their auto generated response. I emailed them 3 times last week and got that message first before the real response. I decided to go for it and purchase the Phoenix, will give my impressions when I get it Thursday.
What was there real response