New Kinu M47 Phoenix grinder - Page 13

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
madrian

#121: Post by madrian »

Guys, I am trying to grind for my Flair with Phoenix. It is normal that even on 2.2 I don't get enough fine coffee?

runningonespresso47

#122: Post by runningonespresso47 replying to madrian »

On my Robot I've been around 1.6.

GTO

#123: Post by GTO »

madrian wrote:Guys, I am trying to grind for my Flair with Phoenix. It is normal that even on 2.2 I don't get enough fine coffee?
With my Robot and my Kinu M47 simplicity its 1.7

madrian

#124: Post by madrian »

These numbers are seem to be more reasonable for me.

Interesting why for somebody is the good range 3.0-3.4, it's quality fluctuation or the coffee beans? Moreover there shouldn't b big difference between each Kinu models, because thread on the main shaft is the same.

Yan

#125: Post by Yan replying to madrian »

Just read this thread....
2018 Kinu M47 Settings

radu

#126: Post by radu »

madrian wrote:These numbers are seem to be more reasonable for me.

Interesting why for somebody is the good range 3.0-3.4, it's quality fluctuation or the coffee beans? Moreover there shouldn't b big difference between each Kinu models, because thread on the main shaft is the same.
You can have even more variation on the same machine. If you use different coffees and different extraction methods (long preinfusion - blooming - vs no preinfusion). You don't need to worry that much on what the number is.

On different machines you get even more variation. If I use 20g on a 54mm Dalla Corte basket is one thing, and 15g on a 58mm basket is another.

Also, for filter, a natural processed coffee with good solubility needs a much coarser setting than a less soluble washed.
LMWDP #616

madrian

#127: Post by madrian »

Thanks, you are absolutely right.

Just for reference: my best setting is around 1.4.5 @16.5g.

Soharu

#128: Post by Soharu »

edited, fixed what I needed to.