So, curiosity got to me. The grinds visually seemed to fall into nicer concentric piles after this tweak. I was hoping to be able to skip the WDT of the basket. Here's what I got.
Nearly zero grind retention, less than .01g. I did 5 test batches but I'm not going to upload each shot, it would be too redundant.
14g dose adjusted grinder to pull a 28g shot in about 25 seconds.
Quite an improvement from before. I should note, this doesn't account for the miniscule droplet of water, but water is dense and would bump the number a bit. But there were no grounds clinging to the bottom of the grind pathway either.
No WDT at all. Just a brief shake side to side once to settle them out and a tap on the counter. Looked even, but clearly microfines aren't visible to the naked eye.
Five different batches all tamped with various firmness didn't seem to alter the outcomes.
I feel bad enough tossing 5 shots worth of beans down the drain and I have to work tomorrow morning, so I needed to stop for the night. Tomorrow night when I get home I'll repeat the test with the quick whisking motion to redistribute and snaps some pictures. I wish I could film a video with a timer showing the overall process. It's still pretty quick since once you know you're not retaining a ton of grinds into the funnel, you can skip the post grind weighing process. I still wish I had the lower dosing addition with me to play with too.