New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
heytchap

#31: Post by heytchap »

akabigo wrote:Anyone get screenshots from the Eureka website before they took it down? That link isn't showing anything now. Thanks
Here:
★ Helpful

cap2

#32: Post by cap2 »

dascoont wrote:I've actually put an incline with 2 large stick on rubber feet on the backside on my eureka filtro, and bought and installed a 3d printed single dose hopper. Total cost for me was around $240 usd, great single doser, just wish the exit chute was a little lower or longer down.
I have been thinking about doing exactly that. Very encouraged to hear you have proven it works well.

I thought the main advantage of bigger burrs like on the XL based single doser was heat management. So I wonder if bigger burrs really make a difference if you are only pulling 2-3 shots per day at home.

Advertisement
K7

#33: Post by K7 »

heytchap wrote:Here:
That screenshot mentions a "Blow Up" system. For the Atom series, it meant a plastic bellows lid to puff out the remaining ground coffee. Not sure how you can do that with the wooden lid... We haven't seen their full single dose story is my guess.

makspyat

#34: Post by makspyat »

That screenshot mentions a "Blow Up" system.
Eureka may reveal a surprise at the last minute: bellows similar to one found in Ceado E5SD. If they do, this would be more effective than blow up hopper of the Atom.

On a similar note, I was also wondering why Eureka did not get rid of the clump crusher (ACE system, as they call it). It is an easy place where stale grinds find their home. In comparison, Ceado freed up the path in the chute of E5SD - there is no screen, or anything like that, which unfortunately means that Ceado requires WDT. But, WDT is a lesser evil, than stale grinds for a single doser, is not it?

Anyway, regardless of their rationale, ACE screen may likely be removed, and the bellows may be less necessary than in Ceado, because Eureka is tilted.

robeambro

#35: Post by robeambro replying to makspyat »

I don't know if it makes any sense to have a hopper which you have to remove every single time in order to then blow air with the bellows. Sounds like the worst workflow ever.

makspyat

#36: Post by makspyat »

I don't know if it makes any sense to have a hopper which you have to remove every single time in order to then blow air with the bellows. Sounds like the worst workflow ever.
No, I was wondering if Eureka would reveal an alternative to the "wooden" hopper, a bellows à la Ceado. I am not sure if hopper was a good idea, unless Eureka can completely clear itself of any lose grinds, which sounds challenging once the motor is not spinning, since they choose to keep the clump breaker.

mralph26

#37: Post by mralph26 »

Why did they erased all information about the new single dose grinder? I can"t find anyting on eureka website
Does anyone know when it will be launched?

Advertisement
OJK

#38: Post by OJK replying to mralph26 »

Marketing.
They are saying "soon". From a chat with a vendor I would guess somewhen in June, with availability maybe in August.

Radio.YYZ

#39: Post by Radio.YYZ »

I wonder if they will send out samples for review... i wouldn't mind grabbing a wider burr grinder.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

Benoit

#40: Post by Benoit »

mralph26 wrote:Why did they erased all information about the new single dose grinder? I can"t find anyting on eureka website
Does anyone know when it will be launched?
The grinder shows up on the website of a Polish coffee gear retailer. I sent an inquiry about availability and here is the response I got this morning:

"Unfortunately, the official presentation of Mignon Single Dose has been postponed for approx. 2 weeks.
Once we have the price, we will update the product page."