New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
heytchap

#21: Post by heytchap »

dascoont wrote:I've actually put an incline with 2 large stick on rubber feet on the backside on my eureka filtro, and bought and installed a 3d printed single dose hopper. Total cost for me was around $240 usd, great single doser, just wish the exit chute was a littler lower or longer down.

This seems to literally use the same grinder with different adjustment nob and smaller stock hopper, even the same 'body' and housing that's just been mounted on separate inclined foot... No inherent re-designed parts just 'add-ons' to an existing product.

Hopefully they don't overprice this to compete with niche that was designed from the ground up, cause this is lazy, but appreciated nonetheless.

This uses 65mm burrs and is likely a far better grinder than the one you own.

bas

#22: Post by bas »

Agree. 65 vs 50mm burrs. Bigger motor. Lower retention.

Still hoping Eureka has taken care of popcorning and efficient feeding in the design.

Let's see...

slaughter

#23: Post by slaughter »

They just added a tilted base and a simpler version of XL!! Even the hopper is tilted that makes no sense. If this is intented to be an SD grinder they should sell it with SD hopper. This is a very poor implementation in my opinion. Hope to see something better in the future.

bas

#24: Post by bas replying to slaughter »

We do not know yet if they did not change the design regarding feeding of the burr chamber and/or anti-popcorning device. A blow-up/bellow makes no sense if the design is right. The XL had very little retention due to the small burr gap, short grinding path and efficient clearance of the chute. With a tilted design it will be even better I expect.

dascoont

#25: Post by dascoont »

Missed my point. I was critiquing the exterior redesign (or lack there of), not the internals.

Looks like they took an existing grinder and glued a 3d printed slanted foot bed on it, added a wooden coaster and called it a day. No timed dosing, no digital interface. Just tilted forward. Oh and a cup.

Just saying the price should reflect its efforts.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by yakster »

Not sure how much value a timer or a digital interface adds to a single dose grinder. I take this as a sign that not including these features will result in a lower priced grinder.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

heytchap

#27: Post by heytchap »

dascoont wrote:Missed my point. I was critiquing the exterior redesign (or lack there of), not the internals.

Looks like they took an existing grinder and glued a 3d printed slanted foot bed on it, added a wooden coaster and called it a day. No timed dosing, no digital interface. Just tilted forward. Oh and a cup.

Just saying the price should reflect its efforts.
Lots of assumptions there. You don't think it has the same features the other specialitas all have?

Edit:

I'll eat crow - there's no interface.

https://www.eureka.co.it/en/catalogo/pr ... /1/44.aspx

I suppose it's not entirely needed though

Giampiero

#28: Post by Giampiero »

Is there a typo in the RPM?
The specs mention to 1650 RPM.

Giampiero

#29: Post by Giampiero »

Or maybe the RPM has been increased to allow a better expulsion of the ground?

akabigo

#30: Post by akabigo »

Anyone get screenshots from the Eureka website before they took it down? That link isn't showing anything now. Thanks