The new DF83v

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
joiglan

#1: Post by joiglan »

As suspected by many with the release of the DF64v featuring variable RPM, a version of the DF83 has followed in the DF83v

From 300-1600rpm, verticle burrs with quite a different aesthetic. Should be interesting!

Capuchin Monk

#2: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Wow, that is a big leap from DF83 compared to the leap from DF64 to DF64V. :shock: The word "metamorphose" comes to mind.

bznelson91
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by bznelson91 »

I think "metatimemorephasis" is more accurate :)

Brad

cmin

#4: Post by cmin »

I hated my 1st Gen Df64 even with mods, most wonky ass clunky poor tolerance single dose grinder lol.

But this is interesting.

Jeff
Team HB

#5: Post by Jeff »

Some of the grinders with "DF" on the box are made by Ningbo Frigga Electric Appliance. Who knows on the rest.

coyote-1

#6: Post by coyote-1 replying to Jeff »

malling

#7: Post by malling »

The is probably the first DF I find remotely of interest had this came out last summer I would have gotten it instead of the Niche... as it has the orientation of burr I prefer.

It's very intriguing but you can't wait forever and I'm nit going to ship out a new acquired grinder because of a new fancy toy. Also their v1 been flawed so far so if this is like the rest probably worth waiting 6 months time. Also won't hit Europe before next year so.

I wonder if this hit the 1k mark

PPapa

#8: Post by PPapa »

It's as if EK Omnia, Zerno and Titus Nautilus had a child.

I'm super happy with more competition - it's us, users, who end up winning. Less than five years ago, there wasn't much choice for a single dosing grinders for home use. It was either super expensive, exclusive or just not designed for home use (Santos, EK, R120, etc...). I'm just hoping these new grinders have good QC and user experience.

Ursego

#9: Post by Ursego »

jfjj

#10: Post by jfjj »

Super curious about this one.
- Jean