The new DF83v - Page 26

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
pj

#251: Post by pj »

Just got it today.

tburger42

#252: Post by tburger42 »

I'd be very interested to hear how accurately you can reproduce grind consistency if you change between espresso and pour over, and back to espresso, for instance.

pj

#253: Post by pj »

Sorry, I only do Espresso.
So I can't answer you that.

I've seasoned the burr with 500 g. of beans already. The static problem is much improved from the DF-64 gen 1. (didn't do any RDT)
No stall, No safe stop (medium-dark roasted bean.) I recheck the burr calibrate , the seller did it well. I re-adjust the Zero point just a little.

So far , so good. I like the minimal looked of this grinder.

Ursego

#254: Post by Ursego »

Jonk wrote:It's not clear that 83HU are worth the upgrade, at least one of the reviews mention the stock DLC burrs as being somewhat similar.
I heard two youtubers say they liked DLC Espresso burrs more than HU. Of course, it's subjective (my taste could be different) but I chose DLC Espresso for now.

OFFTOPIC:
However, I ordered Gevi with SSP HU - the price difference in 64 mm is like nothing compared to 83 mm, and I didn't know in the time of ordering that some people would say later that the stock burrs ("Orion") are also fantastic. However, this may be thanks to the pre-breaker, which makes any burrs easier and more comfortable to work with, possibly reducing the gap between different burrs including those considered "worse" and "better".

Jonk

#255: Post by Jonk »

Ursego wrote:However, this may be thanks to the pre-breaker, which makes any burrs easier and more comfortable to work with, possibly reducing the gap between different burrs including those considered "worse" and "better".
That is not my experience. Vertical mounting has been more difficult to work with if we're talking espresso and the auger (at least in Ode, similar to Gevi grindmaster - and Sculptor 064, somewhat similar to the one in DF83V) makes less of a difference for the cup than people seem to think. Burrs are very important on the other hand.

STG

#256: Post by STG »

Does anyone have any experience with this grinder with the "DLC brew" and SSP multipurpose for filter? Trying to upgrade from ode gen2 to get closer to an EK43 OEM brew profile.

NYPeter007
Supporter ♡

#257: Post by NYPeter007 »

Been using it for filter with the SSP MP. It's as expected with the MP burrs. Crispy, high clarity. Incredible workflow. Pretty much the lowest retention I've seen on a grinder.

A side question for anyone who has used this: Anyone getting a strong paint or chemical smell from this grinder?

Capuchin Monk

#258: Post by Capuchin Monk »

NYPeter007 wrote:strong paint or chemical smell from this grinder?
Still getting it after a week? :shock:

pj

#259: Post by pj »

NYPeter007 wrote: A side question for anyone who has used this: Anyone getting a strong paint or chemical smell from this grinder?
No, not at all.

HobWash

#260: Post by HobWash »

Looks like you got the SSP HU Burrs?

Let us know what you think