The new DF83v - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Primacog

#11: Post by Primacog »

This grinder has my interest for sure if they keep it within df budgetary range. Presumably this grinder can use ssp burrs or even ditting cast lab sweet burrs - if so it was everything the sculptor should have been but wasn't.
LMWDP #729

Capuchin Monk

#12: Post by Capuchin Monk »

PPapa wrote:It's as if EK Omnia, Zerno and Titus Nautilus had a child.
Resulted in twins, the good one is named DF83V (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) and the bad one is named DF83 (played by Danny DeVito). :lol:

malling

#13: Post by malling »

Primacog wrote:This grinder has my interest for sure if they keep it within df budgetary range. Presumably this grinder can use ssp burrs or even ditting cast lab sweet burrs - if so it was everything the sculptor should have been but wasn't.
Price is $899 not sure the price in europe yet but likely €1000-1050

Primacog

#14: Post by Primacog replying to malling »

Thanks - do you have the link? Is that price with DLC burrs?
LMWDP #729

malling

#15: Post by malling replying to Primacog »

Should be with the DLC burrs

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#16: Post by Milligan »

malling wrote:Price is $899 not sure the price in europe yet but likely €1000-1050
So will they price it at $1099 at Espresso Outlet and then cross that out and put $899 like they do with most of their grinders or will it be $899 crossed out and actually be $650? :lol:

malling

#17: Post by malling replying to Milligan »

They likely make early bird at $450... what I hear is it getting sold at $899 so yeah they probably cross out $1099

LObin

#18: Post by LObin »

DF64 gen2 is $399
DF64V is $599

DF83 is $599
DF83V will likely sell for $799 or more.

As malling wrote previously, Joe Kolb has mentioned an few units will be available to grab at $450 for a launch promotion. If anything like the previous launches, there will likely be a V2 short after and maybe an upgrade kit or accessories.
At least this time, the first release comes with Ionizer and also a magnetic chute which should help with retention and cleaning inside the chute and potentially reduce grind exchange. We'll see...
LMWDP #592

ab

#19: Post by ab »

New video. The auger looks great at 300rpm

lemonchicken

#20: Post by lemonchicken »

cmin wrote:I hated my 1st Gen Df64 even with mods, most wonky ass clunky poor tolerance single dose grinder lol.

But this is interesting.
The only thing worse than the 1st gen df64 was the support from espresso outlet.