New Chinese Single Dose Grinder - Page 6

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Quester

#51: Post by Quester »

Well done with the wood spacer on the catch cup. That looks great.

Capuchin Monk (original poster)

#52: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

Kram35 wrote:I wanted a p64 but they were out of stock and expensive. I looked at the df64 but it needs a few mods to make it work properly, So I got this on a whim.
Those were the reasons that led me to this grinder as well.

That spacer idea is a good one! Does it need tape or something with high friction surface so that it won't slid off of filter holding bracket when grinding?

Advertisement
buckersss
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by buckersss »

Kram35 wrote:I am going to wade into this topic. I bought one at the beginning of last year after looking long and hard for a single-dose grinder. There was no info on it at the time but it looked good. I wanted a niche but they were (are) crazy expensive in Canada for something with so much plastic. I wanted a p64 but they were out of stock and expensive. I looked at the df64 but it needs a few mods to make it work properly, so I got this on a whim.

Thanks for the post! Great info. I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind.

1) where did you buy it from? Looks like best route these days is getting a Taobao agent and order through alibaba.

2) how heavy do you find it? I'm thinking about getting this one and keeping it at work. Given the other option may be a lagom mini, I'm willing to spend the extra on this. Otherwise I'd just go for a hand grinder.

3) any issues dropping in SSP burrs?

Black colour looks great with the rpm controller!

Kram35

#54: Post by Kram35 »

nope, never have a problem with it sliding off.

Kram35

#55: Post by Kram35 »

1- I bought it on Alibaba, direct from the manufacturer.
2- It's not light, around 9-10kg. Heavy enough that it never shakes/moves when grinding.
3- ssp burrs fit fine for me, but as mentioned, stock burrs are more than fine.

Kram35

#56: Post by Kram35 »

Capuchin Monk wrote:Those were the reasons that led me to this grinder as well.

That spacer idea is a good one! Does it need tape or something with high friction surface so that it won't slid off of filter holding bracket when grinding?
nope, never have a problem with it sliding off when grinding.