NEW Ceado E37z Hero Single Dose Grinder - First Look / Thoughts? - EG1 Killer?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
double0

#1: Post by double0 » Oct 21, 2017, 10:16 pm

Presented at Milan Host

Stats:
- 83 mm flat burrs (made by Keber w/ similar output like the EK43)
- 0.1 retention
- Diamond Like Coated Burrs and chamber (static management? zero retention?)
- Burr alignment screws
- Speed Control
-Price tag still open (source titusgrinding)

-It appears to be similar to the EG-1 and monolith? Hopefully for a cheaper price? :lol:

Any thoughts?

Balthazar_B

#2: Post by Balthazar_B » Oct 21, 2017, 11:41 pm

From this post -- HOST Milan 2017 -- it would appear to be an 83mm flat. At this point it's just a prototype. If Ceado decides to produce it, it will be enough of a small-market esoteric item to be priced on the high side (JMG).
- John

LMWDP # 577

arcus

#3: Post by arcus » Oct 21, 2017, 11:57 pm

In the video I watched it appeared to have an external power supply which is interesting. It also has a very clever mechanism for getting the remaining grounds out of the chute. It looks good so far. Hopefully, they price it competitively.

double0

#4: Post by double0 » replying to arcus » Oct 22, 2017, 2:12 am

If they manage to deliver on the super low retention and top it off with a competitive price, it will be an automatic win in my book.

tohenk2

#5: Post by tohenk2 » Oct 22, 2017, 7:04 am

On kaffeenetz it is said that Ceado Deutschland will charge around Euro 4000 to 5000. If correct I really doubt it will be an EG1 killer.

arcus

#6: Post by arcus » replying to tohenk2 » Oct 22, 2017, 9:02 am

They wouldn't sell many in NA at that price.

Balthazar_B

#7: Post by Balthazar_B » replying to arcus » Oct 22, 2017, 9:27 am

They may not intend to. To use an analogy, this may be like an esoteric Lamborghini that the Volkswagen/Audi Group produces just to proclaim a vehicle at the pinnacle of design, engineering, and technology as a matter of pride (and bringing something to the attention of the market so that more VWs, Audis, and lesser Lambos sell). The esoterics will be bought mostly in places like Dubai (and of course, Jay Leno will have to have one).

If indeed this is going to be a grinder sold in that range, there'll be a few specialty coffee places that purchase one or two because they can (it's a business expense that can be written off), and because it'll help them continue to draw high end customers who like to frequent establishments with the latest, best, or most expensive stuff (some of these places may be in Dubai, coincidentally). "Here's what we use to grind that $50 shot of kopi luwak."

No doubt it's likely to be a wonderful machine, but not meant for the likes of us at H-B.
- John

LMWDP # 577

double0

#8: Post by double0 » Oct 22, 2017, 10:01 am

tohenk2 wrote:On kaffeenetz it is said that Ceado Deutschland will charge around Euro 4000 to 5000. If correct I really doubt it will be an EG1 killer.
lol thats a different one.
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/samm ... 37s.82560/

Plus i heard its a prototype so no price is firm. Everyone is saying a different price.

double0

#9: Post by double0 » Oct 22, 2017, 10:04 am

Balthazar_B wrote:They may not intend to. To use an analogy, this may be like an esoteric Lamborghini that the Volkswagen/Audi Group produces just to proclaim a vehicle at the pinnacle of design, engineering, and technology as a matter of pride (and bringing something to the attention of the market so that more VWs, Audis, and lesser Lambos sell). The esoterics will be bought mostly in places like Dubai (and of course, Jay Leno will have to have one)..."
((( IF ))) were talking about THAT price, which hasnt been confirmed. Their a big company, they have the resources and it wont be their cash cow.
Still a good chance it will be under 1,000 usd :lol:

double0

#10: Post by double0 » Oct 22, 2017, 10:07 am

I been hearing different prices. I also heard its a PROTOTYPE so the price is irrelevant. Its a big company with many products on market, not their CASH COW. Lets hope they aim it at a low price given its for home use. :mrgreen: