NEW Ceado E37z Hero Single Dose Grinder - First Look / Thoughts? - EG1 Killer? - Page 10

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Peter_SVK

#91: Post by Peter_SVK »

erik82 wrote:You probably mean Italy isn't there yet although they're getting there. Scandinavian roasts are the best and most popular light roasts in the world and that sure is Europe. Eastern Europe is producing great light roasts too (as is with almost all of Europe). That's like saying Americans don't know anything about light roasts because it's the land of Starbucks. ...
"Italian roast" is inferior to me, but Gardelli, unlike other italian roasters, is superior (or at least comparable) to scandinavian roasters I have tasted yet (like PerNordby, La Cabra, ...), I highly recommend it (I haven't tasted famous Coffea Circulor yet, but I hope to do so in short time).

isabelo

#92: Post by isabelo »

BaristaBob wrote:Interesting to compare some of the Ceado E37z Hero specs to the Kafatek Monolith Max specs.

E37z Hero
83mm DLC coated flat burrs
600 - 1,500 rpm range

Monolith Max
98mm TiN coated flat burrs
22 - 400 rpm range

Kafatek went in the direction of larger and slower...which in my pea brain says Denis had an eye on third wave coffee (aka light roast). Not sure Europe is there yet.
Bob, I seem to remember reading somewhere the Hero's price point is around or in excess of $4K (I could be wrong), while the Max is at $3250, so their price points are closer hence, the comparison.

But when it comes to specs and performance, would you think the Flat is still a viable comparison to the Hero? Although it might be premature to compare without real world data on the Hero.

BaristaBob

#93: Post by BaristaBob replying to isabelo »

Rolando, you are correct in your recall. I'd say it will be closer to $4,500, but that's just a guess.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

espressoking

#94: Post by espressoking »

I am very sure that it was 4,9k€ (gross ... many ppl forget VAT).
I talked to a rep personally ...
maybe things changed but I would doubt that
There is another model coming though that might be a bit cheaper ... not before 2019 for sure

blumes

#95: Post by blumes »

It seems to me to be a little risky stating that the E37Z is a coffee
grinder of the 1st/2nd wave, also because it has been developed through a
testing process made mainly with light roasted beans and that in lab was
also tested at speeds lower than 600rpm.
We think that it's better grinding coffee for a shorter time, and for this
reason we set the minimum speed at 600rpm.
RPM and burrs diameter are not the only features that influence/determine a
good extraction, burrs design and alignment are relevant factors as well.
Maybe it's better testing one to judge it :mrgreen:

Ciaoooo
Marco

BaristaBob

#96: Post by BaristaBob »

I received an email from Todd Salzman from WLL yesterday. He appears to be totally impressed by this grinder. Can't wait for their reviews.
Here is what he said.

While in Italy, I had a final review and training on the E37Z. It is an amazing piece of design and engineering. We have our stocking order in and they will arrive in about three to four months. I'll have the final price next week.

My sample is being air shipped this week. When it arrives, we will produce some detailed videos so that you can have a complete understanding of its capabilities.

Nospresso

#97: Post by Nospresso »

From an engineering point of view, how does 37z differ to taking a normal vertical flat burr grinder and tilting at 45 deg?

I appreciate the DLC coating will help somewhat, but are there more subtle engineering aspects going on?

The reason I ask is that I am in the process of modding nMD50 into a single dose machine and have been applying some elements of Monolith, etc.

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#98: Post by mivanitsky »

It allows the exit chute for the coffee to be shorter and more vertical, further decreasing retention.

RNAV

#99: Post by RNAV »

BaristaBob wrote:I received an email from Todd Salzman from WLL yesterday. He appears to be totally impressed by this grinder. Can't wait for their reviews.
Here is what he said.
Well, it's been over a month. Any updates on this?

BaristaBob

#100: Post by BaristaBob replying to RNAV »

Well sort of 10 days ago I received this email...

"I am waiting for Ceado to get back from their August Holiday. Most of Italy has August off.

I'll be in touch directly as soon as we have any information ready to put out into the world.

Thanks for your patience!"

Tick...tick...tick.... :|