NEW Ceado E37z Hero Single Dose Grinder - First Look / Thoughts? - EG1 Killer? - Page 11

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
RNAV

Postby RNAV » Sep 06, 2018, 9:58 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm secretly hoping this grinder will be priced somewhere in the realm of reasonable.

BaristaBob

Postby BaristaBob » replying to RNAV » Sep 06, 2018, 10:04 pm

Hi Lee,

Well my bet is in the range of $4K to $5K...but we can always dream for much lower! :roll:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..."

RNAV

Postby RNAV » replying to BaristaBob » Sep 07, 2018, 9:12 am

That range would place it solidly outside of the realm of reasonable. Especially considering all reports of the Niche grinder indicate the grind quality is quite good, paying ~$3500-$4500 more for questionably better in-the-cup quality seems ludicrous.

Fingers crossed.

erik82

Postby erik82 » Sep 07, 2018, 1:16 pm

It's pretty useless to compare a conical grinder to a flat burr grinder. And more useless to compare a reasonably build grinder (Niche) to a solid masterpiece like the E37s Hero.

I exclusively use light roasts and flat burrs give much better tasting espresso. Going from the HG-1 to the EG-1 made a huge difference and my HG-1 was aligned perfectly. For medium to dark roasts it makes much less of a difference.

BaristaBob

Postby BaristaBob » replying to erik82 » Sep 07, 2018, 2:02 pm

I would have to agree with drawing from the correct comparison. This solid "masterpiece" of form and function from Ceado comes at a price...one I could pay, but won't. I like to think the true comparison would be the KafaTek Monolith Flat Max. I think both grinders will hit the US market in mass at about the same time, and it looks like the MonoFlat Max will come in close to $2K less expensive (that's my guess).

Now, taste in the cup...I really want to know that! :shock:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..."

erik82

Postby erik82 » Sep 07, 2018, 2:19 pm

And the Monolith flat Max will be more expensive here in Europe than the E37s Hero. The Hero will probably be in the same league as the normal Monolith flat.

espressoking

Postby espressoking » replying to erik82 » Sep 16, 2018, 12:44 pm

Don't think so unfortunately
5k€ (gross) for the ceado e37z