NEW Ceado E37z Hero Single Dose Grinder - First Look / Thoughts? - EG1 Killer? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
double0 (original poster)

#11: Post by double0 (original poster) »

Ceado E37z Hero

tohenk2

#12: Post by tohenk2 »

double0 wrote:lol thats a different one.
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/samm ... 37s.82560/
I was refering to this thread:
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/sing ... do.111219/
double0 wrote: Plus i heard its a prototype so no price is firm. Everyone is saying a different price.
that is too true.

Mrboots2u

#13: Post by Mrboots2u »

Balthazar_B wrote:They may not intend to. To use an analogy, this may be like an esoteric Lamborghini that the Volkswagen/Audi Group produces just to proclaim a vehicle at the pinnacle of design, engineering, and technology as a matter of pride (and bringing something to the attention of the market so that more VWs, Audis, and lesser Lambos sell). The esoterics will be bought mostly in places like Dubai (and of course, Jay Leno will have to have one).

If indeed this is going to be a grinder sold in that range, there'll be a few specialty coffee places that purchase one or two because they can (it's a business expense that can be written off), and because it'll help them continue to draw high end customers who like to frequent establishments with the latest, best, or most expensive stuff (some of these places may be in Dubai, coincidentally). "Here's what we use to grind that $50 shot of kopi luwak."

No doubt it's likely to be a wonderful machine, but not meant for the likes of us at H-B.
This is precisely the thing I expect to see people showing off on hb....
The eg1 and and titus, slayer one group and to a lesser degree monoliths ( of which some people have both) have shown there is a market for must have, will pay anything, coffee equipment...

#14: Post by double0 (original poster) »

tohenk2 wrote:I was refering to this thread:
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/sing ... do.111219/

that is too true.

Yes, if its a prototype, the price is irrelevant. Plus everyone is saying a different price for it. Im pretty sure that person asked a random employee of ceado, nothing official.

#15: Post by double0 (original poster) »

just emailed ceado with more questions.

[creative nickname]

#16: Post by [creative nickname] »

If they wanted to target the EG-1 market they should have put bulk-style burrs in. As it is it is actually closer to a Monolith Flat, which also uses espresso-oriented flat burrs. Also I find the rail system very nice on the EG-1, and would miss it here. Still, the anti-static solution is interesting, and the whole package is attractively designed and finished. I love seeing more competition in this space!
LMWDP #435

TomC
Team HB

#17: Post by TomC »

I wonder if these shown are early prototype models rather than finished samples. The portafilter forks look really low. It looks like the dispensing tube would need to be longer in order to work well. That being said, a dosing ring can do wonders for single dosers.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

CwD

#18: Post by CwD »

The burrs look closer to screwless EK burrs than anything else, with just the two breaker bars.

#19: Post by double0 (original poster) »

[creative nickname] wrote:If they wanted to target the EG-1 market they should have put bulk-style burrs in. As it is it is actually closer to a Monolith Flat, which also uses espresso-oriented flat burrs. Also I find the rail system very nice on the EG-1, and would miss it here. Still, the anti-static solution is interesting, and the whole package is attractively designed and finished. I love seeing more competition in this space!
the chamber and the burrs are DLC coated which are of course to minimize retention. Maybe the 0.1 retention is true.

So, isnt that what people spend the extra money for these grinders over the rest?

Im also psyched that more and more actual companies are looking into these type of units :mrgreen:

#20: Post by double0 (original poster) »

TomC wrote:I wonder if these shown are early prototype models rather than finished samples. The portafilter forks look really low. It looks like the dispensing tube would need to be longer in order to work well. That being said, a dosing ring can do wonders for single dosers.
i keep hearing its a prototype but its getting alot of views in some places, up to 25k~ in the past 24 hours.