My experience with the Mahlkonig E65S vs. the K30 Vario - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Peter_SVK

#31: Post by Peter_SVK »

16g in 4.1s means quite light roast (harder beans), I grind 18g in 4.1s or less and use very light roasts only.

pdube1

#32: Post by pdube1 replying to Peter_SVK »

Well, though what you say makes sense, I guess there are other factors, like the type/origin of beans. I can assure you my home roasted beans are way darker, require coarser grinds and take more time to grind.

Or my roasting profile is poor and the beans are not evenly roasted? Maybe they looked darker but only on the surface? I'll try different roast, lower heat, more time...

Peter_SVK

#33: Post by Peter_SVK »

That's very likely (sorry to say that :wink: ).

Gig103

#34: Post by Gig103 »

Hi Marshall,

I just wanted to thank you for your review last year. I've wanted a K30 for a long time, never got one before it was discontinued, and I failed at getting a Monolith, so I just ordered an E65S from ChrisCoffee tonight 8) 8)

Marshall (original poster)

#35: Post by Marshall (original poster) »

You're very welcome.
Marshall
Los Angeles

RikC

#36: Post by RikC »

Anybody notice that the Anfim Pratica is basically the E65s?

https://www.anfim.it/en/product/pratica

Both brands are part of the Hemro group.

I'm considering upgrading my grinder and the newly announced E65S GbW has got my attention. So I was reading this topic with interest.

Peter_SVK

#37: Post by Peter_SVK »

RikC wrote:Anybody notice that the Anfim Pratica is basically the E65s?
Almost everybody here, I think ... or am I wrong? :lol:

murrellington

#38: Post by murrellington »

I've been trying to contact Mahlkönig regarding the e65s gbw but am getting no responses on email or social media. Supposedly it is available already.

ado

#39: Post by ado »

RikC wrote:Anybody notice that the Anfim Pratica is basically the E65s?

Both brands are part of the Hemro group.

I'm considering upgrading my grinder and the newly announced E65S GbW has got my attention. So I was reading this topic with interest.
Then you can buy an Anfim Cody, and update it with a set of Ditting or SSP burrs.

lagoon

#40: Post by lagoon »

I've been running the E65S for a couple of months now, so I thought I'd contribute some new comments now that the machine is well and truly run-in.

Last weekend in particular, was a chance to really stretch its legs, as we had a large number of guests visit. Over the two days approx 50-60 cups were made with the machine, which is getting up there in a domestic setting. The grinder did exceptionally well in terms of workflow, repeatability and the quality of output.

It's set to grind 18g doses, and the grounds land in a neat fluffy pile right in the middle of the basket each time (using an IMS competition 18g)

Beans are Ethiopia Guji Uraga Tome single origin. I am grinding very fine, as I use a pre-programmed profile with a very low, long preinfusion.

Results in the cup were excellent.