So I recently acquired RyanP's MG-1. Beautiful grinder, grinds, pours, low retention with RDT, very happy with it. The only negative I've found is that (surprisingly) I noticed it requires more power to turn than my Pharos. I would have thought it to be the same, or even easier given that it is locked down by the suction cups. The burr set appears to be very aggressive, ~18-20 turns for 18g depending on roast level.
So that got me thinking if anyone out there has successfully motorized their MG-1 and would be willing to share blueprints. I don't want to just simply use a drill, I'd prefer a purpose built motor in a nice-ish looking casing with on/off switch, similar to what several members have done with the HG-1.
I couldn't find anything on this, but if anyone can point me to something already posted I'll be glad to delete this thread.