Motorized HG-1 with various speed - Page 7

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#61: Post by FotonDrv »

I have been using 60 rpm with mine and with good success. I just wish mine was a later model with the new style grind adjustment system.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

wug2grinder (original poster)

#62: Post by wug2grinder (original poster) replying to FotonDrv »

For home use I think the current range will be good enough for different roast level beans. I will leave it for other users to try if any effect of changing rpm on the flow and flavor etc. Recently I got my burr with red speed coated from SSP, noticable less static on powder, but grinding time takes 30 to 40% longer.

Advertisement
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#63: Post by FotonDrv »

I believe that will change as the burrs get used. There was a slight difference in grinding time (faster) once the redspeed burrs on my Monolith Flat got broken in, and also once broken in had to tighten the grind settings on it.

Bunkmil

#64: Post by Bunkmil »

wug2grinder wrote:For home use I think the current range will be good enough for different roast level beans. I will leave it for other users to try if any effect of changing rpm on the flow and flavor etc. Recently I got my burr with red speed coated from SSP, noticable less static on powder, but grinding time takes 30 to 40% longer.
Interesting since I will receive the new HG-1 with the standard burrs and I also have an older HG-1 model with 83mm TiN coated burrs. Now I have to decide which burrset I am going to keep on the newest model...

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#65: Post by FotonDrv »

David, i have the OEM burrs in my hg1 and love them. No wdt, just shake to level and tamp, no clumping, etc.