Motorized HG-1 with various speed - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ncrc51

#21: Post by ncrc51 »

Thanks Dan. This is about as interesting as it gets for folks who like single dosing from large conical burrs.

User avatar
LBIespresso

#22: Post by LBIespresso »

HB wrote:See Vendor participation in the forums. Given the limited and highly specialized nature of this mod and the interest of the membership, we'll allow an exception. :D
That's great. I am very interested in this as well.
LMWDP #580

wug2grinder

#23: Post by wug2grinder »

HB wrote:See Vendor participation in the forums. Given the limited and highly specialized nature of this mod and the interest of the membership, we'll allow an exception. :D
Thank you for the clarification Dan! I will follow the guideline by just providing information and fact of this modification.
ncrc51 wrote:This is a very interesting mod for the HG-1. By far the most professional and complete motor unit I've seen for the HG-1. I'm confused by your statement about pricing. Can you provide additional pricing information for 110 volt units for the US market?

Thanks.
Sorry for my poor English. Price for the next batch will be half the price of hg-1, or $499, shipping not included.
ncrc51 wrote:Thanks Dan. This is about as interesting as it gets for folks who like single dosing from large conical burrs.
Yes it is. And I can say HG-1 will be the most selling single dosing conical burr grinder, and many people really plan to get it motorized and looking for solution.

Just want to make it looks good while keeping the original style, so have been spending lots of times on the design. Hope everyone also like the design of that.

Elephant

#24: Post by Elephant »

When and how can we place orders for the kit?

Bunkmil

#25: Post by Bunkmil »

What's the total height of the grinder ? The motor seems a little lower than the flywheel.

ncrc51

#26: Post by ncrc51 »

When possible it would be helpful to know the shipping cost to the US. Thanks.

ncrc51

#27: Post by ncrc51 »

I remain somewhat surprised that Lyn Weber did not make a motorized add on for the HG-1. The EG-1 is a completely different design that does not appear to have the user base or following that KafaTek enjoys with it's flats.

User avatar
arcus
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by arcus »

Very nice integration and it's reversible! I think the market for used HG-1's just got a little boost :)

Nicely done!

wug2grinder

#29: Post by wug2grinder »

Bunkmil wrote:What's the total height of the grinder ? The motor seems a little lower than the flywheel.
Height is 44cm

wug2grinder

#30: Post by wug2grinder »

ncrc51 wrote:When possible it would be helpful to know the shipping cost to the US. Thanks.
By EMS, roughly $120.
ncrc51 wrote:I remain somewhat surprised that Lyn Weber did not make a motorized add on for the HG-1. The EG-1 is a completely different design that does not appear to have the user base or following that KafaTek enjoys with it's flats.
They did release some information about motorizing hg-1 few years ago, but they didn't follow up or provide any more information afterward.