Monolith Max - Page 15

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Fidget

Postby Fidget » May 15, 2019, 10:15 pm

wai2cool4u wrote:only 3 members on this thread indicated that they were able to get one. surprised there weren't more given 50 available.

With so many disappointed that they didn't get one, most who did probably don't want to be misunderstood as gloating.
~Ryan
★ Helpful

Mrbiglzwerth

Postby Mrbiglzwerth » May 18, 2019, 1:20 pm

.... I think that the practical guess is that once you are at a fairly high level of grinder, paying a lot of care and attention to dialling in the shots and dosing and distributing correctly probably exerts a greater influence on what you get in the cup than differences between grinders. This is great news for readers of this site for whom something like an EK43 is a big expense - which is most people, I would think! It is also great news for people who have expensive grinders and aren't happy with the results they are getting - obsessive attention to detail might improve things

This comment is really spot on. I have a Monolith Conical (not a Max but had zero issues purchasing on the site) and consistency is still an issue because I suck at dialing in.

Single dosing does kick ass though.

ChrisAndrew
Supporter ♡

Postby ChrisAndrew » Jul 06, 2019, 1:27 pm

i really suggest using PayPal for the lottery and don't add any options to the grinder just get it in the cart and hit pay by PayPal.
Worked for me twice out of 4 times trying over the last 2 years, also lucky as my ISP is near Seattle.
I have scored a Conical and a Max so can be done and not gloating just trying to help out.

akirapuff
Supporter ♡

Postby akirapuff » Jul 06, 2019, 9:50 pm

around when is the next preorder?

V4rley

Postby V4rley » replying to akirapuff » Jul 08, 2019, 2:44 am

In September