Monolith Max - Page 14

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Feuros

#131: Post by Feuros »

Just FYI, Shopify is rated for 10,000 transactions per minute and there are companies putting over $1 Billion in yearly sales through the site.
Kylie Jenner runs her cosmetics empire on it and has run massive flash sales that sell out in minutes. Not to mention companies like Tesla, Nestle, Adidas, etc, etc.
I don't think the platform would be stressed in the least with selling 50 grinders, You can get their basic offering (with all the same capacity/bandwidth as their enterprise packages) for $30/month.

Sellouts

#132: Post by Sellouts replying to Feuros »

This is 100% true. Even it errors out at the upper end of demand (YeezySupply during shoe drops) but these grinders won't come remotely close to that.

Setup time is very quick. Fees are reasonable, too. I would need to check their TOS on taking this sizable of a deposit for an item shipping that far away.

There's very little reason to host your own ecom. If the system remains FCFS, moving to Shopify makes the most sense.

Advertisement
guydebord

#133: Post by guydebord »

Feuros wrote:Just FYI, Shopify is rated for 10,000 transactions per minute and there are companies putting over $1 Billion in yearly sales through the site.
Kylie Jenner runs her cosmetics empire on it and has run massive flash sales that sell out in minutes. Not to mention companies like Tesla, Nestle, Adidas, etc, etc.
I don't think the platform would be stressed in the least with selling 50 grinders, You can get their basic offering (with all the same capacity/bandwidth as their enterprise packages) for $30/month.
Finally someone talking good tech sense about all this ordeal. Its impressive how just a few burnt/frustrated people can inflate a situation into a problem that doesn't exist.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

ira
Team HB

#134: Post by ira »

Dennis will do what Dennis will do, and no matter what he does, people will be disappointed. All Shopify would accomplish is shortening the time till disappointment and require Dennis to do something that's not making grinders.

Ira

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#135: Post by Shawnaks5 »

I emailed Denis about the website issues. He said he is looking into the possibility of a lottery next time. Denis seems like he really cares about this process so I expect to see some type of change for the next run. If there isn't some type of change to the ordering process for the next run of Monoliths I will not try to order again. I will probably just settle for the E37SD or the EG1.

SilentDoom

#136: Post by SilentDoom »

Geez. Glad I won a f5/command-r war when I did a few times ago, bc a lottery is just as much bs. Even more so, a list. Hope this isn't the downfall, but for this to be the grinders biggest complaint- that's pretty BA.

chris_n

#137: Post by chris_n »

Shawnaks5 wrote:I emailed Denis about the website issues. He said he is looking into the possibility of a lottery next time. Denis seems like he really cares about this process so I expect to see some type of change for the next run. If there isn't some type of change to the ordering process for the next run of Monoliths I will not try to order again. I will probably just settle for the E37SD or the EG1.
getting an e37 or eg1 isn't exactly 'settling'

Advertisement
dsblv

#138: Post by dsblv replying to chris_n »

My thought, exactly. The Monolith grinders are certainly excellent machines but there are other viable alternatives. And, best of all, you can actually buy one when you want it.

stereophile

#139: Post by stereophile »

Should we have a new thread (or if there's already one I don't know) talking about MAX alternatives?

Stanford55
Supporter ♡

#140: Post by Stanford55 replying to stereophile »