Monolith comparisons - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

3cordcreations wrote:He needs to hire someone and keep the same strict tolerances and high quality, but be able to offer a more buyer friendly way to purchase his grinders.
And the reality is he doesn't have to do anything. We'd like him to make us all happy by raising production, but we should always be thankful he's willing to make any at all. If you remember back when the Monolith was just one mystery grinder owned by one member who got his when Dennis made a second improved one and passed on the no longer needed first one. We were shown the grinder and told it would never be made. All we can hope is it starts to make him enough money he decides it's more important than it currently is. Last I heard, he has a real job, as far as I know the grinders are still just a hobby business.

Assuming I remember it correctly.

Ira

Fluffeepuff

#12: Post by Fluffeepuff »

3cordcreations wrote:He needs to hire someone and keep the same strict tolerances and high quality, but be able to offer a more buyer friendly way to purchase his grinders.

... No he doesn't.

nuketopia

#13: Post by nuketopia »

I think he's up to his eyeballs in grinder building. I don't get the impression that he's going to let go of building them as he likes them to be built, nor should he in my opinion.