Mazzer burr conversion kit for KitchenAid grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Dainesdave

#1: Post by Dainesdave »

Hi everyone,
I appear to be bringing up old topics but it is new to me !

I have discovered my burr plates are well worn and apparently KA no longer can obtain parts for this grinder. I have just joined this forum and have only picked up on old threads that there is a conversion kit available to mod it to take Merrer burrs but appear unable to actually discover where from ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ellejaycafe

#2: Post by Ellejaycafe »

Maybe because you should be looking for "mazzer"

Conversion Kit: Modifying KitchenAid Proline to hold Mazzer Mini burrs
LMWDP #544

Advertisement
Dainesdave (original poster)

#3: Post by Dainesdave (original poster) »

Hello and thank you for swift reply - sorry my typo I had meant Mazzer and have seen the utube video but doesn't appear to lead to much info on where to actually purchase ?

Also do you know how good it is or should I just look at buying an upgrade ?

Ellejaycafe

#4: Post by Ellejaycafe replying to Dainesdave »

Did you read the thread? There's 3 pages full of info.
LMWDP #544

Ellejaycafe

#5: Post by Ellejaycafe »

I don't think the kits are available anymore, the guys email should be on his YouTube page.
LMWDP #544

#6: Post by Dainesdave (original poster) »

Thank you I have emailed him but other posts suggest the email is incorrect and the moderators on here said they had written to ask him to update it and then actually asked people on here to take promoting the purchasing of his particular kit offline but then the thread runs dry ?...

I didn't intend to cause any difficulties but new to this forum and was ant sure what else to do but try posting a question at least.

Oh well, I will keep looking and see what if any reply I get either from him or others

Thanks again

David

Ellejaycafe

#7: Post by Ellejaycafe »

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude! Just trying to provide the info I found from searching.

Good luck, from that thread and video I imagine it's quite the upgrade. I just don't know where to get the kit.
LMWDP #544

Advertisement

#8: Post by Dainesdave (original poster) »

No worries, you have been very helpful :D

jannus

#9: Post by jannus »

Hi David
AFAIK Ben stopped producing the kit. I guess there wasn't enough interest to make it commercially viable, but not sure.
With the advances in 3d printing nowadays that might provide a solution for those interested? The mazzer mini burrs were the right size, just a bit thin and the holes were in the wrong place,so it couldn't just replace the KA burrs. Machined aluminium is an awesome solution, but printed ABS sanded to be perfectly flat may provide an adequate and affordable solution.
Best regards
Jan

jannus

#10: Post by jannus »

.... Here is one of the first posts in that direction

Modifying KitchenAid Proline to hold Mazzer Mini burrs

Best regards
Jan