Malwani Livi - Page 11

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
tompoland

#101: Post by tompoland »

FWIW I'm in Australia but there may still be some relevance in my experience.

My Livi took a week to get from Valentin to Frankfurt International airport where is literally sat for over three weeks. There will probably be a lot more flights from FF to USA than there are to Australia of course so you may not have the same experience. The bottom line is that you will likely have a faster shipping experience than I did but don't be surprised if it sits somewhere for a week or two.

My experience with other machines coming from Europe is that the slow part is getting them out of their country or origin and that once they are on their way to their destination country, the process is mostly much faster.

I'm waiting on a machines from Italy that was due "September at the latest" and it is still not on a ship so it's looking like just before or after Christmas.

One thing I will say though, they always arrive eventually so don't sweat it if it's slow. Just like "a watched pot never boils" an item's location never changes when you keep checking the tracking number :D :D :D
Some people drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee.

Zybane

#102: Post by Zybane »

Ok thanks for the info. I will be gone for three weeks so I wanted to make sure it doesn't arrive before I get back to be safe.

Zybane

#103: Post by Zybane »

Received my Livi in Walnut. Absolutely beautiful machine. Came VERY well packed in a wooden crate, using straw, crushed paper and the crate was inside a carboard box.

Even on the finest grind setting, it seems very easy to use. Only issue I've seen so far is the two little magnets that hold the grounds reservoir have come out of their holes. It doesn't appear to be any glue in the holes, maybe they forgot the glue for the little round magnets?

tompoland

#104: Post by tompoland »

Great to hear it arrived in one piece.

Mostly likely the glue was missed. Use something good safe

Would love to see a pic!

Zybane

#105: Post by Zybane replying to tompoland »

Here you go!

tompoland

#106: Post by tompoland »

Wow, what a perfect match with the Strietman. Nice!

Zybane

#107: Post by Zybane replying to tompoland »

Thanks! This grinder is pretty amazing, love the machine quality of the mechanism.