Mahlkönig shows up with four highlights at Milan

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mania

#1: Post by mania »

Just saw this today
https://www.comunicaffe.com/mahlkonig-highlights-host/

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by Terranova »

A much smaller EK43 version.

bachampion
Sponsor

#3: Post by bachampion »

Is it just an EK with a short stand?
Decent Espresso

yyacoob

#4: Post by yyacoob »

They seem to have shown some of them back in April 2016 in Singapore. See https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457326537142936208
I wonder what took them so long for a second sighting! Can't wait to see what exactly they have in the K30 2.0.

SonVolt

#5: Post by SonVolt »

Still looks, well.. huge. Would be nice if they shrunk it down a bit more, something more inline with KA's ProLine grinder.

ryuemura

#6: Post by ryuemura replying to SonVolt »

Keep in mind that the EK was designed for retail, so you can clamp retail coffee bags to grind into. The size of the EK43LE, and the new EK43S will be much shorter, just remove the hopper if you plan to single dose. It looks like it would sit about 16-18" tall, not much taller than a Linea Mini, GS3, or Slayer. I hope this releases in the next few months, I'm hoping to order two for my shop.

ryuemura

#7: Post by ryuemura »

Eiern

#8: Post by Eiern »

Isn't this just the limited edition over again? What took them so long if it's just a lower base and not the other features of the barista version they showed back? Anyways I'm really glad they make a lower version as it's the grinder I hope to get one day but not an eifel tower sized one.

malling

#9: Post by malling »

Just remember that you need to align it, EK's aren't very well aligned these days!

I'm still waiting for someone to make a smaller, better aligned "version" within the same price range. If that happens I'll sell mine in a heartbeat

It's really annoying that you pay that sum and it is still badly aligned, I guess It's because most who buy don't know the importance or simply doesn't care.

CwD

#10: Post by CwD replying to malling »

Sounds like the project Titus has going.

Well, except the price part.