Mahlkonig Peak grinder routine in the morning - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Zoey

#11: Post by Zoey »

Rather than purge, I cheat a little by using a very small test tube brush, which I've bent into a curved shape, to clear out the majority of old grinds out. It does a pretty good job, and saves me from wasting my $11/Lb green coffee.

Zanderfy

#12: Post by Zanderfy replying to Zoey »

This is neat, Ben! Any chance you have a link to get these?

Also, per the post before (concerning cooling the motor), do you (or any Mahlkonig users) have experience with a regular K30 vs an Air? It'd be cool to see an objective "if you use x much coffee/grind x many doubles per x amount of time, you need an Air."

Zoey

#13: Post by Zoey »

I don't have a link as I got the brushes from work (unused trachea tube cleaning brush). However, I did a quick Amazon search and came up with a ton of items. The following is a link to one that looks like what I've been using. I didn't confirm the bristle diameter to the link, but if it's too "bristly", it's easily remedied with some scissors.

Just bend the bristled end so that there is a decent curve shape; something that matches the chute on the grinder. In addition, I actually bent the tip, right at the very end, at a 90 deg angle. It worked even better with the additional bend.

https://www.amazon.com/Karter-Scientifi ... tube+brush

Cafeneo

#14: Post by Cafeneo »

Nickriders wrote:Heating system(Mythos one) is there to stabilize the temp of the grind. In low or uneven flow coffee, NS M will heat the bean from the first batch and thus reduce the need to readjust the dial to correct for the heat. K30air is meant to reduce the temperature to the bean from a warm motor/As for cold beans, it seams to increase grind evenness, (coldona-dashwood paper)I'll do some testing with frozen beans and Mythos(regular) to see if any change in taste and ey.
Excuse my ignorance but this begs the question
Can we just heat beans in some way ( microwave vs warming container etc...) to a certain temp - does this not achieve same effect as mythos?