Mahlkonig K30 silicone flapper resource

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ScottTL

#1: Post by ScottTL »

I've been looking for a online source to replace the flapper on my K30. Mahlkonig.de sells the part for under 10 US but won't ship outside of Germany. It looks like Voltage coffee is the only source in the US and their price is substantially higher. Does anyone know of another resource for US based folks?

chipman

#2: Post by chipman »

ScottTL (original poster)

#3: Post by ScottTL (original poster) »

Thanks for help however Mahlkonigusa is a dead website. There are 5 service centers listed for the US, and those that sell parts (save the one I mentioned), show out of stock for the flapper.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

https://ghgbs.com/collections/parts-by-model Looking at the parts page they don't have much on hand. I had good luck getting parts from the old Mahlkonig USA but that went away last spring.
LMWDP 267

#5: Post by ScottTL (original poster) »

Thanks John, yea, I saw that they were sold out and based on the price I think it was a few years ago.I need a friend in Germany!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by JohnB. »

You might try Prima Coffee. They have a number of Mahlkonig parts listed on their site. Didn't see the flapper but since it is a wear item they might have some.
LMWDP 267

chipman

#7: Post by chipman »

The page i sent you in Scotts Valley is now an independent company. You may want to give them a call.
(831) 438-9800

#8: Post by ScottTL (original poster) »

Ahh, thanks Steve! I saw the "Mahlkonig USA Inc. and link and knew those were out of date.
Not sure if they are are in Scotts Vally or or Durham, NC. Left a VM so we'll see!

BaristaBoy E61

#9: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

I have never worried about this flapper thing. I just chop up whatever falls into the portafilter with a curette as it loads and the basket is good enough with clumps sufficiently broken up from bottom to top to then go onto the rest of the prep with palm dozer & palm tamper.

You can also see from the attached pic that it's not very messy either.

"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

#10: Post by ScottTL (original poster) »

Thanks Steve, I'm always looking to avoid another step in the process! I know, wrong hobby! I heard back from Gary at GH Grinding and Brewing Solutions. He's the US Distributor for Mahlkonig. Super nice and helpful. Here's the link for his company.
https://ghgbs.com/