Mahlkonig K30 burrs - original vs SSP

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
DeanOelsch

Postby DeanOelsch » Jan 08, 2019, 6:00 am

Hi guys

My K30 burrs are running dull causing some pour shots. Time to replace the burrs. Has anyone tried the SSP burrs in this machine and have any idea how they compare vs the original Mahlkonig burrs? The price difference for the SSP is about 3 times the cost of the originals so not sure if it's totally worth it to try?

Thanks

radu

Postby radu » Jan 08, 2019, 6:16 am

Here's a graph with the distribution on the original K30 burrs. I'll look for one of the SSP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brhu7jQn3wR
LMWDP #616

trumz

Postby trumz » Jan 08, 2019, 7:25 am

Last time I checked with him by e-mail, SSP didn't make 65mm burrs for the K30.

yvizel

Postby yvizel » Jan 08, 2019, 8:44 am

DeanOelsch wrote:Hi guys

My K30 burrs are running dull causing some pour shots. Time to replace the burrs. Has anyone tried the SSP burrs in this machine and have any idea how they compare vs the original Mahlkonig burrs? The price difference for the SSP is about 3 times the cost of the originals so not sure if it's totally worth it to try?

Thanks

The burrs in my K30 are fine (I mostly use the HG1), but I still thought on upgrading to SSP and see if I can get much better results with the K30.
Where do you order them from (there doesn't seem to be an option to order them on the SSP website, and I only found one website that sells them)?

maxbmello

Postby maxbmello » Jan 08, 2019, 10:29 am

Email Hansung directly and he will give you a quote. They definitely make burrs for the k30, and just came out with a tungsten set I was considering..

I would also be interested to see if anyone has made this switch and noticed an improvement over stock burrs, which are already quite good.

Denis

Postby Denis » Jan 08, 2019, 11:14 am

Buy proM/ek10 burrs.

Mahlkonig Guatemala Lab, Kenia burrs (aka EK10 burrs) in a K30

You still need to align your grinder or you will buy the burrs for nothing.

DeanOelsch

Postby DeanOelsch » Jan 08, 2019, 12:30 pm

yvizel wrote:The burrs in my K30 are fine (I mostly use the HG1), but I still thought on upgrading to SSP and see if I can get much better results with the K30.
Where do you order them from (there doesn't seem to be an option to order them on the SSP website, and I only found one website that sells them)?

Looks like you can get them here: http://www.espressotool.com/

yvizel

Postby yvizel » replying to DeanOelsch » Jan 08, 2019, 1:47 pm

Yes, that's the one I've found.
I was surprised that this was the only one since the SSP burrs seem to be so popular.

stevier

Postby stevier » Jan 08, 2019, 4:44 pm

Email directly, and you'll be set. The website isn't necessarily up to date with the latest products, I started emailing with him last week and a set of burrs just arrived today for my Ceado E37s. Sent me a paypal invoice and it was pretty simple.