Mahlkonig EK43 limited smaller edition - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Séb

#21: Post by Séb »

jeebsy wrote:The width of the tower?
The EK43 is 9" large at the base and this is not a problem for me but at 17+" of height i have unfortunatly a cabinet that reduce my space to only about 7" large! It is very difficult for me to find a great grinder that will do better then my actual Forte AP and that will fit this tiny space. So that is why my question. I don't know if at 18" this is the motor or hopper but i need to know the largest point of this grinder above 17" if you can provide me the info. Thanks :wink:

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#22: Post by Terranova »

Flipper wrote:I doubt that you will be able to get one of these on regular ways...222 worldwide is a really small number. We experience a very huge demand on it :!:
According to Mr. Martin Reichart (shop owner) there are 4 EK's of the limited edition available.
There should be another MK grinder coming out in October (not talking about the MK Peak though) which is similar in the output to the EK43 with a PF holder and some kind of a volumetric dosing system which seems to be the only way to handle a busy work flow.

CrabRangoon

#23: Post by CrabRangoon »

Terranova wrote:According to Mr. Martin Reichart (shop owner) there are 4 EK's of the limited edition available.
There should be another MK grinder coming out in October (not talking about the MK Peak though) which is similar in the output to the EK43 with a PF holder and some kind of a volumetric dosing system which seems to be the only way to handle a busy work flow.
If you refer to the photo you included, wasn't it just one of those limited EK43's with the Five Elephants Volumetric Dosing attachment?
LMWDP #505

jeebsy

#24: Post by jeebsy »

Here's my DIY small edition:

The scary bit:

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by FotonDrv »

Beautiful chop job!

What was inside the original tower?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

boost

#26: Post by boost »

Wow, :shock: that's amazing.
What kind of paint is that? Powder coated?

jeebsy

#27: Post by jeebsy »

There's not much in there - a small plate with the capacitors and terminal block on there, the thermal overload switch and the on/off switch. It's a slightly tight squeeze in the new base. if you cut the wiring down it would be OK but I want to keep this kinda reversible so loathe to do that.

It's a wet spray - couldn't get it powder coated as the motor doesn't come out (easily). It's Audi Daytona Grey with a matt lacquer

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by FotonDrv »

Thank you for the info.

Do the grounds come out with such force as to spray grounds all over the counter top?

Where did you source the spare tower to chop?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

thepilgrimsdream

#29: Post by thepilgrimsdream »

jeebsy wrote:Here's my DIY small edition:

<image>
That is the cutest grinder I have ever seen

jeebsy

#30: Post by jeebsy »

FotonDrv wrote:Thank you for the info.

Do the grounds come out with such force as to spray grounds all over the counter top?

Where did you source the spare tower to chop?
It's the base from a Santos no 1 grinder. You can email Santos through their website and they'll tell you who your local distributor is. I grind into a cocktail shaker, it's a pretty clean process.