Mahlkonig E65S GBW - user experience - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
redbone

#21: Post by redbone »

blondica73 wrote:I doubt Mahkonig was thinking about the E65s as a single dose grinder; probably the EK43s.
Can't see the EK43 being designed for home use considering its Dimensions: 9 in (W) × 30 in (H) × with standard ...Weight: 54 lbs and Hopper Capacity: 800g and almost 3K usd.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#22: Post by blondica73 replying to redbone »

I agree that it's not designed for home use; however, that didn't stop some people (me) from getting one and use it for single dosing. :D It works like a charm when used with the mini hopper.

redbone

#23: Post by redbone replying to blondica73 »

Good grinder but that still leaves a gap in the Mahlkonig portfolio for a single dose grinder for the pro-sumer. The E65S repeated what the K30 offered in a different package while almost all other manufacturers developed a single dose low retention grinder addressing market demands.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

txrpls

#24: Post by txrpls »

I received mine a couple of months ago ,and I absolutely love this grinder! I went through single grinding phase and I am done with it. if you worry about retention, just grind a few grams and discard it. I truly doubt whether most people can tell taste wise if there was retention or not in their pull. I am pretty sure this will be my terminal grinder.

giboja

#25: Post by giboja replying to txrpls »

Now aligned(it took me quite a while) and broke in, mine is workin fine.
Scale is precise enough, half gramm max deviation but most of the time spot on.

I like the term and idea of "terminal grinder" :-)

jimmyttl

#26: Post by jimmyttl »

IMahlkonig team suggested the metal flapper should be positioned further away from the grinding chamber (you can refer to their remark in the comments)
What are your thoughts? I gave a try with their suggestion and it choked my grinder

giboja

#27: Post by giboja »

Mine came originally with metal piece closer to chamber...

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#28: Post by blondica73 replying to giboja »

Mine too.

Checked the burr alignment and I can say that it is off, I haven't done the marker test, but I can hear one high point when I turn the lower burr manually. I will align it one of these days with marker and foil. In the meantime I enjoy the coffee. :D

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#29: Post by blondica73 »

I was trying to set the weight resolution in the "Internal Setting", however, I can no longer get to it, when selecting "Internal Setting" it jumps back out.
I logged into the service menu using the service password 6781. I also don't see Wi-Fi option. Did something change?
On a similar note, Mahlkonig no longer shows the password on their YouTube videos, did it change?

JavaJeep

#30: Post by JavaJeep replying to blondica73 »

I would also like to know this. Mine just shipped!