Mahlkonig E65S GbW issue - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Andusyeap

#31: Post by Andusyeap »

May i know what is the step to access the menu ?
I am quite new to mahlkonig and i have E65S GbW
Today i had same situation where at 2 , my DDD is 1.1+ but when i turn to 3+ , it got to 0.0050 on the DDD.
And i have no idea how to reset it.
I managed to clean the burr and zeroed the burr through mahlkonig demonstration.

Please help! Deeply appreciated
IPS wrote:OK ... so, having got all hot and bothered about this grinder last week, I can say that MAHLKONIG have been absolutely fantastic at addressing my concerns about and issues with the E65S GBW ...

Firstly, they just gave me the password straight away. I didn't need to beg for it or even ask ... they were just upfront and just offered it straight off. So thats helpful, I can now get in to all the service menus etc. They also gave me some helpful advice to get the grinder set up properly. All of my angst with regard to DDD and GBW calibration etc. are gone. It's easy to calibrate, set up and sort out once you have the password!!

The next thing I have to say is that this thing is blinking incredible! Having now calibrated DDD and checked the GBW etc ... it just does everything that it is supposed to do and is everything that I wanted it to be. I am confident that it'll be a reliable, extremely helpful and workable tool in my busy cafe!

Having played around with it and seen what it can do, I can honestly thoroughly recommend it without any hesitation.

Seriously well done Mahl Konig, my faith is restored!

EspressoMartini

#32: Post by EspressoMartini »

Hi, did you manage to sort things out? :)

111a111sk

#33: Post by 111a111sk »

Can anyone report how is the accuracy and consistency in reality?
From the few YouTube reviews it's not really super impressive, basically haven't seen it hit the target within 0.1g. Always off by 0.2-0.5g...

Vvei

#34: Post by Vvei »

Hi there,

I got a E80 Supreme, and I can confirm that the DDD is calibration bias occured on my unit as well.

Had to recalibrate the zero point manually way past the white marked sign on the wheel. (The white marked sign is now unseen on the left side of the wheel).

Password for the menu is the same as mentioned in the forum.

Thank you for the Password :D

Got another issue on how to solve the retention issue on this grinder as I use it for home use. But I suppose that is the question to be asked and answered another day in another forum :D

Vvei

#35: Post by Vvei »

Andusyeap wrote:May i know what is the step to access the menu ?
I am quite new to mahlkonig and i have E65S GbW
Today i had same situation where at 2 , my DDD is 1.1+ but when i turn to 3+ , it got to 0.0050 on the DDD.
And i have no idea how to reset it.
I managed to clean the burr and zeroed the burr through mahlkonig demonstration.

Please help! Deeply appreciated
To access the menu, double click on the right nob/dial.

Once you login to settings and input the magic password, go back and into grinder settings menu, there will be a zero DDD calibration tabs there.

Be sure the manually spin your calibration to zero point first and set the dial to zero. Else you will need to restart the process.

Kohinootoko

#36: Post by Kohinootoko »

Just got 2 of these grinders at my shop and had the same too coarse issue. After manually zeroing the burrs and using the password to calibrate the DDD my grinders are grinding much finer. Im still only grinding in the 0-1 range on the grinders to pull shots on a slayer. For some beans i would like to go finer but I physically cant with out the burrs rubbing. I imagine the only solution is to sand down parts of the burr so the top and bottom are more parallel, but i don't find that reasonable seeing how much these damn grinders cost. Anyone have a better solution?

Andrewp

#37: Post by Andrewp »

Man alive guys...

I'm very close..(or at least was!) to pulling the trigger on one of these but I'm seriously considering flagging it totally as I would just be so annoyed with the lack of a basic setup from the factory. This is surely VERY poor on their behalf. These things are really expensive and I think it would be a basic expectation that they should be setup out of the box...ok, different beans call for different settings. Maybe they are just too complex for the novice amongst us (That's me) to work out.
I was looking at a Ditting 807LS but was told they are NO GOOD for espresso... Not sure why. Maybe someone else can help me there.

mrfletch

#38: Post by mrfletch »

Default password is: 6781

mreloc
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by mreloc »

Andrewp wrote:I was looking at a Ditting 807LS but was told they are NO GOOD for espresso... Not sure why. Maybe someone else can help me there.
Where in the hell did you hear that? I have heard nothing but rave reviews on it for both espresso and pour over...

Andrewp

#40: Post by Andrewp »

Where the hell did I hear that...lol..

I think you will find that it has been discussed by others. A retailer I have spoken that is an international judge said the same.