Mahlkonig E65S GbW issue - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
IPS

#21: Post by IPS »

OK ... so, having got all hot and bothered about this grinder last week, I can say that MAHLKONIG have been absolutely fantastic at addressing my concerns about and issues with the E65S GBW ...

Firstly, they just gave me the password straight away. I didn't need to beg for it or even ask ... they were just upfront and just offered it straight off. So thats helpful, I can now get in to all the service menus etc. They also gave me some helpful advice to get the grinder set up properly. All of my angst with regard to DDD and GBW calibration etc. are gone. It's easy to calibrate, set up and sort out once you have the password!!

The next thing I have to say is that this thing is blinking incredible! Having now calibrated DDD and checked the GBW etc ... it just does everything that it is supposed to do and is everything that I wanted it to be. I am confident that it'll be a reliable, extremely helpful and workable tool in my busy cafe!

Having played around with it and seen what it can do, I can honestly thoroughly recommend it without any hesitation.

Seriously well done Mahl Konig, my faith is restored!

BaristaBoy E61

#22: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

That's great news for you and everyone thinking about buying this grinder!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
blondica73
Supporter ❤

#23: Post by blondica73 »

Well, probably because enough people complained about it. I'll buy the grinder once it become available in the US, I have the EK43S with Turkish burrs and Titus carrier and I love it, amazing grinder, just amazing.

guziallo

#24: Post by guziallo »

And the password is? Could you pm me?

GeorgeP922

#25: Post by GeorgeP922 »

I am ready to get this grinder but I have one issue and I would be so happy if answered.
The grinder has in addition to weight dosing, timer and manual dosing.
I don't see a button for the portafilter to hit so I am confused how timer or manual would start.
I ask this because my concern is 10 years down the road the scale fails and I dont want to pay 1K to fix it, I want to be able to use it in timer dosing.

Thanks for any info.

alunare
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by alunare »

Glad to see calibration issues have been adressed by letting users service their own machine. Seems pretty basic but hey.

Question: how does this grinder do on pour over grind settings ? Or is it strictly made for espresso ?

Flyinzacko

#27: Post by Flyinzacko »

Just ran into the same issue, called the place that sold me the E65S and the password was 6781 on mine, most likely to be the same on yours.
Hope this helps. :-)

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
Flyinzacko

#28: Post by Flyinzacko »

GeorgeP922 wrote:I am ready to get this grinder but I have one issue and I would be so happy if answered.
The grinder has in addition to weight dosing, timer and manual dosing.
I don't see a button for the portafilter to hit so I am confused how timer or manual would start.
I ask this because my concern is 10 years down the road the scale fails and I dont want to pay 1K to fix it, I want to be able to use it in timer dosing.

Thanks for any info.
For manually dosing you just push and hold the top button on the left side, the timer starts automatically on the display.

GeorgeP922

#29: Post by GeorgeP922 » replying to Flyinzacko »

Thats fantastic news. Now just to hope, if that failure occurs, that the computer doesn't stop all grind operations until the error is cleared.
I did ask one person at Mahkonig about this question and they assured me I would be fine.

Now my next question, and it honestly warrants another thread unrelated to GBW, is the end user short changing themselves settling for the E65 GWB when they really wanted the E80 (or any other titan grinder with burrs bigger then 65)
I ask this because say I am a new consumer, I am going to wonder why Eureka sells their 65mm grinders for 1K and Mahlkonig's 65 is 2300$.
I know they have quality burrs, but just on price alone the replacement 65 are 100$, the 80 is 300-500$.