Madebyknock: Knock Hausgrind - Page 25

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Bob_McBob

#241: Post by Bob_McBob »

RioCruz wrote:I've been following this thread from the beginning but somehow the few negatives here concerning the exceedingly poor-to-nonexistent customer service did not penetrate the cloud of giddy euphoria surrounding the fabulous workings of the grinder.
Keep in mind it's against the forum rules to complain about vendors and customer service, so it's not surprising there is very little negative info in the MBK threads here. Like you said, it's there if you read between the lines, but it's not obvious to people who don't already know, and the MBK grinders are nice enough people are willing to put up with it. I was aware of the customer service issues because while waiting four months for a Hausgrind (I gave up), I frequently checked their Facebook page and saw numerous unanswered posts complaining about lack of communication, crazy order wait times, and even asking if the company was still operating. Like others who have defended MBK in the past, I assumed the problems were caused by developing and manufacturing a brand new product line rather than being a regular pattern dating back years.

Anyhow, it is what it is. The grinders are extremely nice, but you have to put up with the potentially extremely long wait times and a total lack of customer service to get one. There are alternatives available on the market. Hopefully MBK will either step up their game or people will have a better idea of what they're getting into in the future.
Chris

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#242: Post by TomC (original poster) replying to Bob_McBob »

Chris sums it up nicely. And I'll reiterate the point, these threads aren't the place for vendor complaints. Further commentary along that line will only end, well... the same way every hand grinder thread tends to.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

RioCruz

#243: Post by RioCruz »

TomC wrote:Chris sums it up nicely.
Agreed. Excellent post...and personally very helpful! Discussing the integrity, service quality, purchase experience, and other vendor-related issues is just as important to potential customers as are the nuts and bolts mechanics of any given item or process. Seems to me, anyway. So thanks Chris, et al, for the feedback!
"Nobody loves your coffee more than you do."
~James Freeman, Blue Bottle

RioCruz

#244: Post by RioCruz »

Well now... I don't know whether it was the discussion on this thread, or the fact that I put a "dispute" on the credit card charge until the grinder is delivered...but I just got the following from PayPal. Hopefully, this indicates that Peter is stepping up his game and will be making a concerted effort towards better customer relations. Hard to say and...time will tell...:
Details about your shipment

Hello RIO CRUZ,

Knocktop ltd added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.

Shipper Royal status: Shipped

If you have questions about the shipment, please contact peter.kilpatrick@madebyknock.com...

Seller
Knocktop ltd
peter.kilpatrick@madebyknock.com...

spressomon

#245: Post by spressomon »

RioCruz wrote:Agreed. Excellent post...and personally very helpful! Discussing the integrity, service quality, purchase experience, and other vendor-related issues is just as important to potential customers as are the nuts and bolts mechanics of any given item or process. Seems to me, anyway. So thanks Chris, et al, for the feedback!
+1
No Espresso = Depresso

peacecup

#246: Post by peacecup »

Peter, founder of mbk, like other relatively new manufacturers of espresso equipment was a longterm HB before he started up. I've known him for years via this forum, where he contributed substantially, and I've had the chance to meet him in person.

Having also had the experience of starting up a business I know how difficult it can be to develop and manage such an operation. I failed in fact. Peter is an inspired entrepreneur and he is succeeding in doing something far more difficult and inspired than I tried. He really is taking on a lot with this project, and the products are outstanding.

I understand that those who don't know Peter would become frustrated in not receiving info in a timely fashion. If possible, try to be patient while he continues to develop his company. When you do receive the product I trust you'll be satisfied.

Peace
PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

RioCruz

#247: Post by RioCruz »

In my experience, Craig Lyn of HG-One sets the standard for both customer service and outstanding product. He's essentially a one man operation, yet is always attentive to any issue or question or communication I have ever sent to him. He has never left me just hanging, wondering what's going on, and he is personable yet very professional in how he deals with people. He shows his customers and inquirers tremendous respect. This has been his way of doing business from day one.

If he ever branches out into making small, portable grinders, he will have my repeat business.

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#248: Post by samuellaw178 »

RioCruz wrote:If he ever branches out into making small, portable grinders, he will have my repeat business.
Things are different when you have 10 prospective customers(HG-one) emailing you versus 100 prospective customers (MBK/OE as a matter of fact), especially when you have 100 other things on your priority list. I don't know Peter at all, but from his high quality work, I'm sure he would want to make this right, as much as anyone of us here.

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#249: Post by TomC (original poster) »

If someone wishes to discuss the function or use of one of these grinders, please PM a moderator. Time for a break for a while.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

HB
Admin

#250: Post by HB »

Bob_McBob wrote:Keep in mind it's against the forum rules to complain about vendors and customer service...
Actually, the Guidelines for productive online discussion say "Please use these forums only as a last resort for complaining about vendors." This recommendation follows ample evidence that nearly all such threads follow a tedious, predictable pattern. I haven't followed this particular thread, but skimming the last couple pages, it appears to be looping on steps 3 and 4. Unless there's something new to add to the discussion, I support Tom's decision to lock the thread.
Dan Kehn