Lower burr carrier design for reduced clumping - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
civ (original poster)

#21: Post by civ (original poster) »

Hello:
Gime2much wrote: ... why not clamp a 45 degree wedge to the bottom of a grinder and check the results?
Well ...
Although I harbour little doubt as to the improvement that the inclination of the grinder's axis will bring, I was planning to do something similar to what you suggest just for the sake of checking it out even without a proper chute to slide the grounds on, which is still in drawing stage. But I think that it has to be done with the new lower carrier in place.

In any case, such a test will show me if, with the present three bladed carrier and the 'extrusion' it can generate, movement of grounds along it's path can be improved.

Thanks for the input.
Best regards,

CIV

Psyd

#22: Post by Psyd »

Gime2much wrote:On the cheap; why not clamp a 45 degree wedge to the bottom of a grinder and check the results? Wouldn't that be the same thing?
Well, to get Rocky to cough up all he has stored in his lil' chipmunk cheeks, I regularly tilt him forward, supporting him by the PF support, and give 'im a healthy swack on the back. If the hopper were to be re-designed to feed the burrs vertical while they were spinning on an axis that was 30-45 degrees off of vertical, I'd buy it (literally). I still have that lil' Krups, and it still delivers a retention free dose.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175