Lido-E vs Ditting KR805 - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
TallDan

#11: Post by TallDan »

dukeja wrote:Greeting! Ditting Mafia! :lol:

If you turned back 2 small clicks after burr touching, as it is depicted in the manual, then I am 1 full numerical reading (4 small clicks) coarser than you are. So my 4.5 will be your 5.5. I was confused and went to the other way when I replied Acavia (I have corrected my replied now).

So it looks like you guys are even finer than I have tried, which is very interesting. I do feel the coarseness adjustment on Ditting has very high resolution so the change is very small compare to other grinder that I used before.
I turned backed less than a click from touching. If i put some pressure on the dial at zero, I will get some light burr touch.

I was thinking about it backwards last night when I was reading this, but you're right, at any given number, mine should be finer than yours, however, since I have SSP burrs, not the original ditting burrs, our grind may not be directly comparable anyway.

dukeja

#12: Post by dukeja »

Acavia wrote:My 804 grinds are not even comparable to the size I ground with a Comandante - it would almost be the difference between normal flour (my 804 V60 grinds look like powder unless I spread them out) and kosher salt. That is not a knock on the Comandante - I was grinding too coarse with it but in the range that most use for V60, 22 clicks.
Thanks a lot for the comparison since I was looking for Comandante for a long time. As we knew it, it is almost impossible to get a new one ATM. The good thing is that Ditting is already so much more than I can explore now. :D It is also interesting to note the difference of conical burr and large flat burr.

I have perfect the paralle alignment of my Feima with 60mm SSP burr. It is vertical flat burr, so the ground sent out differently. With only 1lb of bean through it, I still see some fines piling on top of it. It could be that burr is still new. Or maybe it is just the way vertical burr output its ground distribution. I'll report back later.

dukeja

#13: Post by dukeja »

TallDan wrote:I turned backed less than a click from touching. If i put some pressure on the dial at zero, I will get some light burr touch.
Thanks for the reply. Just curious, is KR804 smallest digit on dial "0"? My KR805 is "1".

Acavia

#14: Post by Acavia » replying to dukeja »

No number, just labeled, "Turkish" but would be a "1" consistent with the next being a "2."