LIDO 3 Pictures from SCAJ show in Japan - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Bak Ta Lo (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by Bak Ta Lo (original poster) »

orphanespresso wrote:Greetings from Tokyo :D ....yes, a bit of a leak so let's call it a sneak peek!
Doug and Barb,

Sorry guys, I didn't intend to leak the news, I didn't know it was unannounced! But the new LIDO really sounds like it will be great, can't wait to try it out.
LMWDP #371

beer&mathematics

#22: Post by beer&mathematics »

OoOOOoOooo

After getting the prototype jar from OE with the handwritten note which alluded to a Lido 3, I'm exited to see the sneak peek. Gotta get it once it comes out! I've used the Lido 1 in my office and the lido 2 at home and I love both but do welcome a lighter grinder which is easier to crank (eg I'd buy a Lido 3 for my little sis or mom but wouldn't buy them a lido 2).

I like the newer (larger) handle grip and the foldout handle is awesome. Throw-back tip of the hat to the original hand grinders--the Turkish mills

It's a looooong time until spring! :P
LMWDP #431

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#23: Post by drgary »

I will be meeting Doug and Barb at Coffee Fest in Portland. Looking forward to trying the LIDO 3 and hope to have info to share. I'm on a family trip today, traveling with my LIDO 1, AeroPress and Bonavita travel kettle. No more bad hotel coffee here (brought Compass Delirium and Stumptown Ethiopia Duromina)!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

beer&mathematics

#24: Post by beer&mathematics »

Re: handle. It looks like it is the same handle with an extra rubber slip on it. Is this correct?

Also, is the Lido 3 smaller diameter? Looks smaller than the Lido2 in the picture but I can't tell if it's just photo playing tricks or a consequence of looking at it on my phone
LMWDP #431

hankua
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by hankua »

What's the large burr set between the two Lido's?

weebit_nutty

#26: Post by weebit_nutty »

Woohoo
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

Lord Tooth Stain

#27: Post by Lord Tooth Stain »

Shenrei wrote:Oh wow. What a sexy beast.
Sorry, but he's a married man, Shenrei.
Lets get back to focusing on the grinders.

Advertisement
crazy4espresso

#28: Post by crazy4espresso »

Hello Doug and Barb! Don't leave Tokyo without visiting the Tsukiji fish market. It's an absolute must!
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

Eastsideloco

#29: Post by Eastsideloco »

And Tsukiji won't be open at its current location for very much longer:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/world ... d=all&_r=0

bostonbuzz

#30: Post by bostonbuzz »

This is a big deal. I thing those burrs are the same as a baratza preciso. They will likely offer a better grind, and hopefully an easier job of grinding. Certainly a different grinding ability. The current burrs are great for being quick, but a bit hard to turn for espresso (not that it stops me from using it for espresso). This version could be a great all-around grinder, and slightly better for travelling.
LMWDP #353