[PROMO] LeverCraft Ultra Grinder - Page 37

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
woodhouse

#361: Post by woodhouse »

mtbizzle wrote:I think Eric is pretty busy these days, a lot going on at Levercraft, I would expect at least a few days to be normal :D
Oh for sure. However I didn't know if my ability to send PMs might be restricted by my low post count.

boshk

#362: Post by boshk »

How much surface area do I realistically need to give to this grinder?

I current have an Atom 75 (15cm x 25cm) but it roughly takes up 25x30cm (10x12inch), have to give space on one side to switch the thing on.
My setup Prima + Atom is sat on a counter, 1 side is a fridge, other is a wall, back is wall too. Total counter top space is 75x75cm (30x30 inch)

With Levercraft and its extra boxes, how much surface space do I need to give?

mbeck

#363: Post by mbeck »

Has anyone heard from Levercraft on ETA for opening back up orders? Sent them a msg a few weeks back, but no response. Assume they're heads down catching up on the backlog, but even a rough order of magnitude would be very helpful as I'm trying to figure out wtf to do with this Vario. A month, two months, six months?

neilometer

#364: Post by neilometer »

boshk, one other thing to be aware of, because of the 90 deg. connectors and the overall bulk of the cables, it adds another 4 inches to that dimension meaning that you'd need at least 10" + however much space you desire around the portafilter holder on the front. The big box is 9 x 8.25 x 3(ish) inches. I have that box in a drawer underneath and the small control box (approx. 3" square) sitting in front of the grinder itself. The cables are a little cumbersome and I plan on drilling some holes or installing some sort of routing to hide them.

coffeeOnTheBrain

#365: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

I saw a few people 3D printing stands for the Ultra to put it at an angle. How about integrating the small box in the stand.
And if possible turning the lower part of the grinder 180 degree and hide the plug in the base.

RobindG

#366: Post by RobindG »

I think burrs in the horizontal plane is a huge advantage. The beans are distributed evenly over de surface of the burrs so the burrs surface is used optimal and the forces are also distributed evenly. If you grind very slow you can always use the purge button to remove the last grinds.

jevenator

#367: Post by jevenator »

coffeeOnTheBrain wrote:I saw a few people 3D printing stands for the Ultra to put it at an angle. How about integrating the small box in the stand.
And if possible turning the lower part of the grinder 180 degree and hide the plug in the base.
You don't want to tilt it. To tilt it you need to unscrew the 2 screws holding the PF and that will mess with your alignment, you have the entire weight of the ultra focused on those two points now. There's no reason to do it. If you want to get the grinds out if you grind at 200 RPM is to program a rpm curve after 8-12 seconds to allow it purge. Or since there is a purge button now you don't even have to program anything.

saamyjoon

#368: Post by saamyjoon »

DucaiMann wrote:Of course. We are going to start our grinder experiment sometime in mid January. This includes lots of different burr sets and grinders.
Hi Eric,

I'm wondering if you ever got around to experimenting with different burrs for drip coffee, and what the results of that experiment were?

TsurTriger

#369: Post by TsurTriger »

someone hear from Eric in the last week?

It seems like he closed the forum and doesn't reply back to email for a week.
He promised to schedule to this week the meeting but nothing,

iploya

#370: Post by iploya replying to TsurTriger »

I got an e-mail response from him in the last week or so (unrelated to this topic). Just a quick question related to a prior purchase.