Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 74

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sfhoo

#731: Post by sfhoo »

Peter_SVK wrote:I looks I have missed many pages of posts since my last visit here, getting no annotations :cry: .

Simple dust cover.
What espresso machine is that?

valoben

#732: Post by valoben replying to sfhoo »

Looks like a Dalla Corte studio
LMWDP #669

Peter_SVK

#733: Post by Peter_SVK »

Right, Dalla Corte Studio FP (some minor and major mods).

Cool Beans
Supporter

#734: Post by Cool Beans »

Can anyone tell me if there is value in owning a P64 and a Monolith MAX? or is this too redundant of a set up?

Geoffr

#735: Post by Geoffr replying to Cool Beans »

I guess that depends if you need, or want, two grinders!

I'd quite like dedicated grinders for brew and espresso.

TallDan

#736: Post by TallDan »

Cool Beans wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is value in owning a P64 and a Monolith MAX? or is this too redundant of a set up?
As with most things in this hobby, that's an opinion that a potential owner would have to determine for themselves. I'd consider it, but probably wouldn't plan to keep both indefinitely. Two years ago I wouldn't have even considered one of the two grinders, much less both.

autoexec

#737: Post by autoexec »

Apologies if this had been asked or discussed before: Had anybody bothered to do a pen/marker test to the burrs to check their unit's alignment? If so, how'd it go?

bakafish

#738: Post by bakafish »

I got my Lagom P64 with SSP unimodal burrs yesterday. The "wave" edge of the burr is too flat to be recognized by the naked eye. I've read that you have to use near zero for espresso, but my first shot of the light roast geisha using 10 scales from zero and the flow rate is still too slow. It takes 59 seconds to have 1:2 brew ratio of 34g espresso. The coffee ground looks coaser than my Mahlkonig Guatemela did at the finest setting with much faster flow rate, and also coaser than my 804 Lab Sweet did with the same flow rate. This is the side view of the burr. Is your SSP unimodal burr like mine? Is it possible that SSP changed the burr design for espresso? Or is it just because of the alignment?

The SSP burrs quality is not as good as my thought.

Peter_SVK

#739: Post by Peter_SVK »

autoexec wrote:Apologies if this had been asked or discussed before: Had anybody bothered to do a pen/marker test to the burrs to check their unit's alignment? If so, how'd it go?
Lagom/SSP unimodal burrs have no flats around outer perimeter like espresso (high-uniformity) burrs, so marker test is not possible to do. Personally I do not care about alignment while my usual setting is quite far from zero (generally at ca. 1.2 - 1.3).

autoexec

#740: Post by autoexec replying to Peter_SVK »

This is helpful as I also plan to get the SSP Unimodal. Thank you!