Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O) - Page 71

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
discsinthesky

#701: Post by discsinthesky »

dozer wrote:I have both burr sets (High Uniformity and Unimodal) and there's no room to play with the Brew burrs. Tbh actually I still need to grind a bit finer but I'm on the touch point already.
For those following along, I think it's worth noting that the zero/touch point has shifted on my Lagom as I've broken the grinder in. My touch point is not further in the finer direction than out of the box.

unkidan

#702: Post by unkidan »

I'm curious if anybody who has been using the Lagom p64 with the unimodal burrs has had an opportunity to compare it to a titan style unimodal flat and can draw some comparisons and differences.

I love the aesthetic of this grinder more than the monoliths of the world, but if I'm chasing nuance on very light roasts, how much of a flavor delta will I be getting between say a SSP unimodal mono-max and a Lagom?

Does anybody have some n=1 type comparisons they can draw? Would be much appreciated.

Tzuyu

#703: Post by Tzuyu »

I will be purchase lagom p64 soon, I was hoping to get a pre order in on a monolith Flat, waited 1 year to get one but no luck, my question, what burrs is best suited for lagom P64 for light medium roast? Any recommendations is appreciated.

CoffeeCoffeeCoffee

#704: Post by CoffeeCoffeeCoffee »

Hey there,

I have been lucky enough to secure a Lagom in early August (high uniformity + unimodal burrs, arrival in Oct). I was wondering about burr seasoning. I searched through this thread but there does not seem that there is a consensus about this.

- Is it strongly recommended? If yes, how much coffee?

- What are the cons of not doing so? Less impresive shots? Too much statics? Fast flow (with Unimodal burrs)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers
The only criteria that really matters is how much you enjoy your coffee

foam2

#705: Post by foam2 »

Mine broke in after about 10 pounds of coffee through.

free0177a

#706: Post by free0177a »

Tzuyu wrote:I will be purchase lagom p64 soon, I was hoping to get a pre order in on a monolith Flat, waited 1 years to get one but no luck, my question, what burrs is best suited for lagom P64 for light medium roast? Any recommendations is appreciated.
See the FAQ on the Lagom site. They have a detailed explanation of each burr, and a selection matrix. About 1/2 way down.

https://www.option-o.com/faq-lagom-p64

SteveRhinehart

#707: Post by SteveRhinehart »

foam2 wrote:Mine broke in after about 10 pounds of coffee through.
Mine seemed about the same.

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#708: Post by mgwolf »

After break-in period, how much static is there? Do you need to spritz with water?

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#709: Post by TenLayers »

It's my general feeling that water is needed.
Michael, next time you're in my area, drop on by and give the Lagom a test run.

foam2

#710: Post by foam2 »

I don't rdt and static on the lagom is not an issue that I have experienced. I have a ceado e37s at work which seems to have no static, but static overall is not a problem. I have seen some videos of other grinders - i think a sette 270 that had a lot of static but maybe it's the environment or even plastic from the hopper or something else that may contribute on that grinder?